[VTT] Going Back to VTT Instead of Live Play

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
I can see why some people are all in on VTT but I find it has issues. I run 3 games in VTT currently one of which transitioned from in person. Firstly I admit I really enjoy the social aspect of meeting up with friends talking and sharing together. To the people mentioning facial queues I agree 100% that they help me as a DM to gauge players. I like the ease of access VTT offers and I would definitely not be running so many games if they were all in person. That said I much prefer in person.

<snip>

I have experienced this problem with many different groups of varying ages and experience levels. All of that said though I still use VTT and don't intend to stop but I dearly hope that I can return safely to the table soon.
I don't see this as an either/or proposition. There really is opportunity for both.

I first joined online out of necessity. I stay online out of convenience. I'm at the point where I don't see either as superior (from a gaming standpoint), just different. There are tradeoffs associated with each venue and fortunately, I intend to engage in both now and in the future.

Remove ads