D&D 4E VTT / Maptools: D&D 4E Dark Sun using Maptools, my experiences and tips for new users.

Cherno

Explorer
Wolph42 on the Maptools forums has tutorial to maptools linked in his signature, if anyone is interested. He is also the creator of an awesome "add-on" which I used, it allows for rotating doors with real-time line of sight changing when they are opening and closing, multi-story/level building simulation, and much more. It really makes Maptools shine and shows all the cool stuff no other Virtual TableTop program can provide.

tyrlaan

Explorer
This thread is ah.maze.ing.

I just finished running a f2f game that shifted to VTT when my wife and I moved halfway across the US. Maptool was my app of choice. I thought it was awesome, but clearly I barely scratched the surface of what I can do with it.

Amazingly good info that I will use for any future VTT games I run and possibly f2f as well.

Cherno

Explorer
Thanks. I wish you all the best with the game. Maptool can be a little difficult to get to work for the first time compared to Roll20 and similar, but if you like flexibility and control over every aspect, and access to cool user modifications, then it's the only option as far as I am concerned.

Remove ads