Level Up (A5E) Wait - Berserkers Get Four Skills?

i was screwing around with the character builder because i was bored and decided to build a berserker - and it said they get to pick 4 skills from their class. this...didn't sound right, so i checked my PDF and...yeah. it's right there. they get 4 skills.

as far as i can tell, no other class in A5E gets more skills to start then their O5E variants except the berserker. what's going on here? i feel like god came down and personally decked me in the face i'm so disoriented.

xiphumor

Legend
i was screwing around with the character builder because i was bored and decided to build a berserker - and it said they get to pick 4 skills from their class. this...didn't sound right, so i checked my PDF and...yeah. it's right there. they get 4 skills.

as far as i can tell, no other class in A5E gets more skills to start then their O5E variants except the berserker. what's going on here? i feel like god came down and personally decked me in the face i'm so disoriented.
Okay, I scrounged up an old spreadsheet someone made that lists all the changes in the classes between A5e and O5e. Apparently, the extra skills are in response to and an upgrade from the Primal Knowledge trait Barbarians got at 3rd level using the optional features in ToCE.

Okay, I scrounged up an old spreadsheet someone made that lists all the changes in the classes between A5e and O5e. Apparently, the extra skills are in response to and an upgrade from the Primal Knowledge trait Barbarians got at 3rd level using the optional features in ToCE.
that...i don't think i like that. especially because in that character building session i managed to get every single berserker skill at level 1 (i was rolling for every character choice i could and just so happened to get a culture and background with berserker skills). i mean, come on, rangers only get 3 skills at level 1.

i guess i can always house rule it.

VenerableBede

Adventurer
Oh, you’re good. I’m just saying I like it. The berserker’s main abilities are either very limited use (rage) or you can’t control when, or even if, it’ll happen (Furious Critical). Little always-on treats here and there make me happy.

Remove ads