• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wand & Scroll DC's, The Magic Domain, and Amor of Speed

Sigma

First Post
This should probably be broken into multiple posts, but the boards appear to be crawling, so I for the sake of my sanity, I'm going to roll them all into one Q&A set.

1. What is the save DC for scrolls & wands? I've looked through the DMG a couple times and have been unable to find it. If someone could please point me to a page or quote, I'd be grateful.

2. The Magic domain gives the ability to 'Use scrolls, wands, and other devices with spell completion or spell trigger activation as a wizard of one-half your cleric level (at least 1st level). ' Since clerics can already use wands with clerical spells, does this mean that they can use wands with wizard spells that are not on their spell list?

3. Am I missing something with the Speed ability in DotF? It's worth a +3 bonus, but gives a +4 haste bonus to AC and an extra partial action each round. My DM (wisely) changed it to be the equivalent of a +6 bonus, but I was wondering if I'm missing some obvious disadvantage that makes it worth only a +3. It seems as though no one would bother with +4 armor if you can get a suit of +1 armor with the speed enhancment.

Harrassed DM

First Post
1. Saving throws against Magic Item Powers pg 176 DMG

2. Yes

3. It is broken. This effect is far too powerful for +3. maybe treat it as boots of haste and allow 10rnds of haste a day.

Remove ads