D&D 5E Wandering Monsters- Bird People

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'm not particularly fond of the achaierai/dire corby link, personally. It could work, but the role of achaierai has generally been one of "odd fauna tainted with evil," and changing that to "evil spawning masterminds" doesn't work very well IMO.

Klaus

First Post
I'm not particularly fond of the achaierai/dire corby link, personally. It could work, but the role of achaierai has generally been one of "odd fauna tainted with evil," and changing that to "evil spawning masterminds" doesn't work very well IMO.

It was just an off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion, since all three (achaierais, corbies and hook horrors) were all bird-like creatures from the Fiend Folio. I'd have to re-read the achais' MM entries again to see if it could be made to work.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
It was just an off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion, since all three (achaierais, corbies and hook horrors) were all bird-like creatures from the Fiend Folio. I'd have to re-read the achais' MM entries again to see if it could be made to work.

Yeah, I see that.

The thing for me is that mashing critters together for "moar traction!" is great, if you're careful and thoughtful about it. "They look a bit like Creature X!" isn't very careful or thoughtful, IMO, it's just a bit of free-association brainstorming. Which is a great place to start, but I wouldn't want to end there.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I'm a bit late to the conversation, but why do dire corbies need a backstory at all? You don't have backstory for dire wolves, do you?

Klaus

First Post
I'm a bit late to the conversation, but why do dire corbies need a backstory at all? You don't have backstory for dire wolves, do you?

Because it's fun trying to make sense out of this:

5931_600.gif

:)

Remove ads