Wands and Metamagic?

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Crenshinibon said:
Well i dont go to highschool, but since milo's profile states that he is from indiana, so i thought i would make a pun against the worst rated school in indiana, Riverton Parke High-School, so would you please not make childish comments on what you know nothing about.

Ok, leave your childish squabbles in grade school. Better?

Last edited:

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
Crenshinibon, please don't take this as a personal attack, but I don't think you could be any more offensive if you tried.

Those are easily the most loaded, spiteful and obnoxious statements that I have seen on these boards in the last year and a half. Well done.

You must be a professional. Tell me, do you work in politics?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I thought that metamagic changed the level of the spell but just the slot that you have to use to prepare of cast the spell from. That's why there is the heighten metamagic, to increase the DC of the spell. Or am I just an idiot and read the rules wrong again.

The rule you're aftert is on PHB p78 : Magic Items and Metamagic Spells. "Level limits for potions and wands apply to the spell's higher, metamagic level."

kreynolds - the description of the "Craft Wand" feat says "You can create a wand of any spell of 4th level or lower that you know." Since the Craft Wand feat is the only way to make a wand, it stands to reason that wands containing spells of higher than 4th level are impossible.

-Hyp.

Ketjak

Malicious GM
Crenshinibon said:
Well i dont go to highschool, but since milo's profile states that he is from indiana, so i thought i would make a pun against the worst rated school in indiana, Riverton Parke High-School, so would you please not make childish comments on what you know nothing about.

Dear Literati Crenshinibon,

I and my superiors are quietly - but strongly - interested in your new and fascinating application of grammar, sentence structure, and word meaning.

One might ordinarily consider your distinguished use of punctuation the mark of an immature grade schooler who had just arrived home from school. We, however, see it as a harbinger of change that will shake our cultural foundation to the core!

For example, steadfastly refusing to capitalize the word "I" is generally considered the province of morose young poets and marketing professionals trying to separate themselves from the rest of the herd. You seem to use it as a mark of rebellion, evincing a devil-may-care attitude the rest of us are daunted by.

Your use of two prepositions to make your point in the last sentence is inspired! The way you approach it - languidly using a facade of civility to sneak through the verbal "brush" to get within striking range, then pouncing on the very foundation of sentence structure and logic like an angered tigress - took our breath away. Pithy!

Additionally, we never knew it was possible to make a pun "against" someone or something, let alone an entire high school. Since it also isn't clear to us how your pun was made in the first place, we think it must be a clever one indeed!

You are clearly the leader this board - and, for that matter, the entire Dungeons and Dragons community - needs. Morrus, Pirate Cat, and the others are probably packing their bags as we speak. They are superfluous now that you've arrived.

- Ketjak
A Monkey God

Crenshinibon

First Post
Ohh and also, im sorry that i couldnt be as quick witted as a little sh#* with a grammar book in front of his face, to pick on the people who obviously are like the more liked people growing up that embarrassed, and tormented you even out of high school. By the way I am an evil artifact, I take pleasure in embarrassing and tormenting people. :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Crenshinibon said:
By the way I am an evil artifact, I take pleasure in embarrassing and tormenting people. :)

Then what you have done to yourself should please you to no end... :D

Crenshinibon

First Post
we have an NPC Mark in our campaign, Return to the temple of elemental evil, and he has done us some good in alot of battles for a first or second level character, he has got quite a few crits. we have learned to love mark, and one of the players always insists on taking him along, splitting treasure and experience with him.

kreynolds

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
kreynolds - the description of the "Craft Wand" feat says "You can create a wand of any spell of 4th level or lower that you know." Since the Craft Wand feat is the only way to make a wand, it stands to reason that wands containing spells of higher than 4th level are impossible.

Aha. I see. Well, that's kind of queer. Guess I should make a new feat...Thanks for the help, Hyp! :)

Remove ads