Want A Paid Job As A Professional GM?

Because it you do, and you live near Alton, Hampshire, Asmodee UK is hiring! AsmodeeLive is their Twtch channel, and they are looking for GMs to run online streamed games on Thursday evenings. It's not full-time (in fact it's a zero-hour contract); and there's no mention of the pay rate. Here's a quick look at the job ad! We’re looking for people who are comfortable in front of the camera...

Because it you do, and you live near Alton, Hampshire, Asmodee UK is hiring! AsmodeeLive is their Twtch channel, and they are looking for GMs to run online streamed games on Thursday evenings. It's not full-time (in fact it's a zero-hour contract); and there's no mention of the pay rate. Here's a quick look at the job ad!

74477228_736749986794522_7071908805302288384_o.png

We’re looking for people who are comfortable in front of the camera. Knowledge and experience running a roleplaying game are essential for this role.
Successful candidates will be passionate about playing games, be up for being a bit silly, and be confident being themselves in front of the camera. Applicants should be willing to be flexible within their campaigns.
AsmodeeLive are looking to create a team of GM talent to call upon. Successful applicants will be added to a team of potential GMs. When chosen for a live series, the GM will be:
  • Responsible for prepping and setting up the campaign.
  • Running a roleplaying game in a ‘rules-light’ capacity, live on Twitch and YouTube.
  • GMing alongside the Twitch and YouTube audience. For our RPG series we offer options to the viewers, so that they can influence the campaign and play the role of GM. We suggest you watch our ‘Of Dice and Pen’ series on YouTube for an example of this.
  • Flexible within the campaign, and willing to play with adventurers who are notorious for going ‘off piste’.
  • Engaging with a live audience (on Twitch and YouTube).
  • Focusing on creating a fun experience as well as playing the game.

Von Ether

Legend
I prefer doing this on a strictly amateur basis, with creative freedom. I'm certain this would pay a lot less than my day job, and the idea of marketing people making "suggestions" about GMing style is horrifying.
I hate to give you a reality check, but marketing and suits have been trying to do that since TSR. That's still horrifying, but it's also how we Dragonlance (though more in spite of them) IRC correctly.

I hate to give you a reality check, but marketing and suits have been trying to do that since TSR. That's still horrifying, but it's also how we Dragonlance (though more in spite of them) IRC correctly.
That may well be why I've never found Dragonlance the slightest bit appealing, and have never played any of it.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads