• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Want a warlord tomorrow?

Want a warlord tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 20.0%

Stalker0

Legend
There are four people who don't want the warlord tomorrow. I need to work out how to give it to everybody except them!
I was more commenting on my lack of a desire for the warlord class entirely, as opposed to its timing ;)

Btw, this class gets 20 levels as opposed to the other classes 10. Obviously OP!!!!! :)

Faolyn

(she/her)
The objection to the name is pretty reasonable: I don't think I've ever heard of a modern warlord spoken of in positive terms, and the modern definition seems to imply this is a bit inherent: warlord is a military leader who exerts civil control over a region, which is not really in-line with modern ideals.
Yeah, that's it exactly. I mean, I know there have always been warlords of one sort or another--titles like Duke and Shogun have very similar meanings to warlord--but the image of the modern-style warlord keeps popping into my head.

And it feels extra odd because the warlord class is kind of a support class who directs and buffs others, but the lord part gives it a commanding feel, so it feels like you have one main PC and his lesser PC minions.

And "Lord" is a big title for a level one character, have we considered "Warlad"?

Bwa-ha-ha!!

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
My favorite part of 4E was the guy playing a Warlord as a sports coach in my group. To heal people, he would swat them on the butt and yell "Rub some dirt on it!" or "You're fine; get back in the game." 😁

Remove ads