D&D 5E Want to help me conquer the Sword Coast, Restore Netheril, etc?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Subvert Goldenfields (if those hill giants were a serious problem, offer to man the walls and patrol the countryside, too.) Waterdeep has to eat, they will bargain with you. Try to stay out of the City yourself, there is all sorts of relic uber-magic there, and people who know how to dispatch an expendable underling who thinks he knows how to use it.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Update, I got a few spell scrolls, and am now level 5. The spell scrolls are Demiplane, Astral Projection, Power Word Kill, and Imprisonment. (Had to kill some magic-users to get them. Yes, I know it's a lot for my level.)

So, I'm going to save Power Word Kill and Imprisonment for Elminster or Laeral Silverhand or another powerful NPC that gets in the way. Demiplane at this level is basically useless, it seems, and Astral Projection will be saved for emergencies.

Any other advice is more than welcome.

Derren

Hero
Honestly, unless the DM has a very huge case of "say yes to everything" and hands you everything on a silver platter I would say that it is nearly impossible.
And if it is the case, then you do not need any advice.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Any other advice is more than welcome.

Pretty much keeping the higher end magic users stalemated and avoiding them until you're far more powerful is going to be your goal. Because once one of the higher end ones fall, the rest are going to immediately pay attention and move to sweep up the power vacuum.

Now, your real secret is going to be getting Sahuagin on your side. Because of the other water-bourne races, Sea Elves lack the strength, Tritons lack the numbers, Kuo-Toa are too.... Kuo-Toa, and Ixitxachitl are sort of stuck in the water. But you want Sahuagin as they are strong, smart, and basically the strongest race in the oceans. There isn't much work on it, but given how they are, they almost certainly have massive cities down there and rule the oceans. Getting them on your side's gonna be difficult, but they tend towards 'might makes right'. Once they're with you, you basically have a water-bound force to handle blockades from sea far more effectively than ships or the like.

Problem of course is going to be getting them on your side

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
You do know that trying that trick on Elminster will cause an immediate divine intervention of Mystra herself? Elminster and her are BFF by FR lore.

I dont think so, not anymore. The chosen were revoked after the second sundering and Ao is pretty anti-intervention from the gods on its creation. IIRC, Elminster is a grumpy old depowered sage in Shadowdale, Fearun own Deckard Cain.

Remove ads