Want to write an Arsenal book?

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Guidelines
Before you get started, contact me to make sure that the topic hasn't been assigned yet, and send along an indication of your ability to write (2 pages including crunch and cream), and resume.
Once you get the green light, you'll get access to the ENArsenal forum. Post there as you work through your ideas, get support and suggestions from the rest of the team. Once you're happy with the product, email me the manuscript and I'll handle editing, contracting art, and layout.
Manuscripts must be consistent with the Arsenal format. For a complete list of the requisite chapters and their contents, either check out ENArsenal: Spiked Chain, or email me.

The following is a list of some of the topics not yet spoken for. I'm especially interested in seeing someone pick up the ENArmoury pieces- I'd like to release one Arsenal and one Armoury/month starting in January.

Axes I'd like to see it include the Orc Double Axe and Dwarven War Axe, and maybe a discussion of throwing axes in there as well
Daggers lots of OGC posted to the boards, who wants to write this one? We've got some great suggestions as to what to include, just need someone to fill in the blanks!
Dire Flail
Great Club
Kukri
Lance this may be included in the already-spoken-for spears book
Monk Weapons kama, siangham, sai, nunchaku- nunchaku will get a book of their own
Net & Trident
lots of possibilities of aquatic stuff as well as gladiatorial combat tie-ins, might include bolas too
Picks
Quarterstaff
Rapier
Sap and other non-lethal weapons)
Sickles
Slings
Spikes Hound really wants this one, but if someone beats him to it with a complete manuscript, or wants to co-author that'd be fine
Swords short, long, scimitar, great each with their own book
Throwing Weapons Dart, Shuriken, throwing axe, bolas
Unarmed Strike
Urgrosh come ON, guys, this is such an awesome weapon, I can't believe nobody's scooped it up yet![.i]

E.N.Armoury - Medium Armor
E.N.Armoury - Heavy Armor
E.N.Armoury - Everything Else (monk garb, wizardly robes, bucklerific pants, etc.)

ENArsenal & ENArmoury Modern and Future editions are also a possibility, although anyone working on anything cyberpunkesque will have to contend with Hound breathing down their neck.

Also, I will accept submissions for our April 1st Arsenal/Armoury combo pack from January 1st to March 1st for... "Sticks and Stones & Words that CAN Hurt You"
-this will not be a freebie as per past Portable Hole products. We plan on doing a smaller (free) portable hole sequel as well. I envision it as mostly serious, but with funny sidebars. Or mostly funny with serious sidebars. Depends on what content is submitted.
-would include sticks (clubs), pointy sticks (lances), pointy sticks wot you throw at people (spears), stones wot you bonk people with, stones wot you throw (including the return of the bowler prc), and words that can hurt you
-could also include a tie-in to the new EN line, ENArmoury, with bits on the chainmail bikini, brassieres of defence, skimpy underthings, barbarian loincloths, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson_Manticore

First Post
Arsenal Print Edition?

Are there any plans to compile some or all of the EN Arsenal and EN Armory Books into a print edition? I'd really be interested in something like that.

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Crimson_Manticore said:
Are there any plans to compile some or all of the EN Arsenal and EN Armory Books into a print edition? I'd really be interested in something like that.

Yes- but not for at least another 9 months to a year.

We'll queue up ENArsenal to go to print once we have around 96 pages worth of material.
Then ENArmoury.
Then ENAdventuring Gear.
Then the next ENArsenal.

... all going well.

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
To all the people who emailed me

To all the people who emailed me in the past 48 hours about writing a book for the A lines, please give me until the end of the weekend to reply. I've been swamped, and need to sort out who wants what.

Thanks!

Starwind

First Post
I can't seem to find your email so I'll just reply here. I'm interested in publishing a book of races (Races of Lore) featuring new races done in an expanded PHB style featuring Feats, Equipment, Deities, Paragon Classes and Racial Substitution levels. I have the first one 90% completed (8 pages) and solid ideas for 5 more. But the problem is that self-publishing through RPGNow is more costly than I had thought, the startup fees are too much for a one-man driven team so my proposal is a series of ENRaces (I couldn't think of an A name) books perhaps. Email me at bigtasty@adelphia.net if you want to do anything with this.

Last edited:

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Writing Assignments

Alrighty peeps, thanks for your patience and interest. I'll be returning everyone's email over the course of the weekend/into early next week to pass out invitations to the A-Team private forum, but for now I'm just going to post here. This'll give you a chance to start brainstorming over the weekend... Here's a list of who I have down for writing which product.

Roughing It: Nat Olsen
Raiments: Akoto
Rope- Matt Hanson
Mounts- John Walsh
Music- Sage
Larceny- Garth Wright
Light- Nick Mulherin
Alchemy- Cyberzombie

Light Armours- ElectricDragon
Bastard Sword- MCharke
Halberd- Cyberzombie (pending Capellan's approval- he's writing Polearms)

I had multiple people expressing an interest in some of these topics.
I decided to go with those who weren't currently booked on other projects. It may mean going for a less experienced writer at times, but I like the idea of sharing the love. I also don't want to burn out my writers, either!
I hope that those who had asked for dibs on a product and who didn't receive it, and those who did get the dibs will be able to work together.

Welcome aboard, ENWorlders! Let's kick some Arsenal!

johnsemlak

First Post
I'm currenlty creatign some material on use of a Bola. Would there be any posibility of a book devoted to that weapon, or should it cover other thrown weapons as well?

I personally think the bola might go better with other weapons that entangle opponents, like nets.

Remove ads