War Dogs

Fallenibilis

First Post
Actually, since finding this: Wolverine :: d20srd.org
I have reconsidered.

Wolverines it is!

Especially an awakened one!

Originally posted by the D20SRD

"An awakened animal gets 3d6 Intelligence, +1d3 Charisma, and +2 HD. Its type becomes magical beast (augmented animal). An awakened animal can’t serve as an animal companion, familiar, or special mount. "

May have to do something about that last sentence though <big grin>

Why would you have to do something about it the special mount only refers to paladins class feature.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Actually, since finding this: Wolverine :: d20srd.org
I have reconsidered.

Wolverines it is!

Especially an awakened one!

Originally posted by the D20SRD

"An awakened animal gets 3d6 Intelligence, +1d3 Charisma, and +2 HD. Its type becomes magical beast (augmented animal). An awakened animal can’t serve as an animal companion, familiar, or special mount. "

May have to do something about that last sentence though <big grin>
Great! I'm glad we were all able to help. But... wait, wasn't this originally @ghostwasp 's thread?

Possible problem with a Wolverine is the whole "Rages whenever it takes damage, can't control voluntarily" thing. This may make for unreliable moments upon your mount.

Gray Lensman

Explorer
Great! I'm glad we were all able to help. But... wait, wasn't this originally @ghostwasp 's thread? Possible problem with a Wolverine is the whole "Rages whenever it takes damage, can't control voluntarily" thing. This may make for unreliable moments upon your mount.

Yes, it was, sorry if I stepped on your toes there @ghostwasp :. Guess I kinda got carried away since it was so timely with what I was researching at the time myself :eek:.

[MENTION=6674868]RUMBLETiGER[/MENTION]: I figure that the Awaken spell would take care of that. An unsentient animal may not be able to control it, but a sentient one? Besides that, when the whole tribe of barbarian/whatever and their mounts ALL go into a rage on the poor unsuspecting targets, well.... :devil:

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
@RUMBLETiGER : I figure that the Awaken spell would take care of that. An unsentient animal may not be able to control it, but a sentient one? Besides that, when the whole tribe of barbarian/whatever and their mounts ALL go into a rage on the poor unsuspecting targets, well.... :devil:
I'm not sure, there are Barbarian variants that cannot voluntarily end their rage. Increased intelligence and awareness does not automatically grant a change in a creature's abilities and reactions.

If you've got a DM that agrees with you, then groovy, however I don't think Awaken itself negates the involuntary rage.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
You're much better off just putting permanent buffs on an awakened dog. Dogs are steady, loyal, and trainable...
...or, buff your awakened Dinosaur. Seriously.
clevergirl_fullpic_artwork.jpg

Gray Lensman

Explorer
Actually [MENTION=6674868]RUMBLETiGER[/MENTION] I am helping someone set something up so DM Permission not a problem and using the SRD monster filter set to Medium Size, Animal Type, Cold Environment and forested terrain only gives me one choice and I still think it is a good one.

Besides, I got something for your poor cold blooded dinosaurs. I live in south Florida and you should see the poor lizards drop like flies whenever it gets about 55 F or below.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Actually @RUMBLETiGER I am helping someone set something up so DM Permission not a problem and using the SRD monster filter set to Medium Size, Animal Type, Cold Environment and forested terrain only gives me one choice and I still think it is a good one.

Besides, I got something for your poor cold blooded dinosaurs. I live in south Florida and you should see the poor lizards drop like flies whenever it gets about 55 F or below.
Dinosaurs Were Most Likely Warm Blooded.

Remove ads