• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

War of the Burning Sky 4E Subscription Now Available!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Finally, we have launched the subscription for the 4E version of the War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga!

As with our successful 3.5 subscription, we will be releasing the adventures one month at a time. The full subscription costs $49.99 for all twelve adventures plus the two guides.

The adventures will also be available separately at between $5.99 and $6.99 (depending on the size of each) in PDF format, and for a bit more than that in softback format. The subscription method is the cheapest way to buy the entire saga in PDF format.

You can purchase the subscription at any time. When you do so, you will immediately receive all products added to the subscription to that point, and will recieve the further products immediately upon release. No products have yet been added to the subscription, but if you subscribe now, you will receive the first product immediately upon release.

The current price is an initial offer price; the subscription will increase in price at a later date. So buy now to lock in the cheaper price!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack99

Adventurer
Okay, maybe I am just not seeing it, but lets for a second assume that I prefer my adventures in paper.

1) Is there a subscription option for me?
2) If I buy the adventures individually (in softback), do I get the PDF too (as with Paizo products?) Or do I have to buy those seperately?

Cheers

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Okay, maybe I am just not seeing it, but lets for a second assume that I prefer my adventures in paper.

1) Is there a subscription option for me?

I wish we could - but we sell them via Lulu, a print-on-demand store, and Lulu doesn't offer that service. So all we can do is sell them separately.

2) If I buy the adventures individually (in softback), do I get the PDF too (as with Paizo products?) Or do I have to buy those seperately?

Yes. Each one will contain a discount code you can use to download the PDF for free from RPGNow.

Jack99

Adventurer
Thanks.

One more question. Will the adventures be available at Lulu at the same time as they are available in PDF?

Actually, make that two questions. I am not familiar with Lulu. Do they ship over here (Europe)?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thanks.

One more question. Will the adventures be available at Lulu at the same time as they are available in PDF?

Actually, make that two questions. I am not familiar with Lulu. Do they ship over here (Europe)?

Yes, and yes (to the latter - I live in the UK, so I'm not going to use a service which prevents me getting my own product! :) )

catsclaw227

First Post
What are the approximate Lulu prices for each adventure? I guess you can use the 3.5 versions as a benchmark, so are we talking like $12-$15 each for B&W?

Will the 4e PDFs be full-color adventures? I don't care if all the art and maps are the same as the 3.5 versions, though I imagine that some maps will be slightly altered to better fit within the 4e paradigm.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What are the approximate Lulu prices for each adventure? I guess you can use the 3.5 versions as a benchmark, so are we talking like $12-$15 each for B&W?

Will the 4e PDFs be full-color adventures? I don't care if all the art and maps are the same as the 3.5 versions, though I imagine that some maps will be slightly altered to better fit within the 4e paradigm.

Yeah, same sort of pricing structure.

We released the final 3.5 adventure (The Beating of the Aquiline Heart) in full colour, so you can see what difference going colour makes to the printing costs. I'm of a mind to stick to full colour because, although it's expensive, they do look gorgeous in colour.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Will there be a discount for those who subscribed to the 3.5 version and now want to get the 4e version?

Hadn't really thought of that.... but it seems all I'm getting is questions about discounts from people!

We price them as cheap as we can. We could offer a discount to those people, but we'd have to raise the price for everyone else then, as there's no real lower wiggle room in the set price. I'm not sure that's fair to other people.

I'll have to think about it.

2WS-Steve

First Post
I'm sure you understand that if we subscribed to the 3.5 version then we've already paid $50 once, and it's hard to justify laying out another full $50 when a fair bit of the content will be stuff we already own.

On a GM's note -- will the 4e version also target levels 1-20, or will it spread up to higher levels?

Remove ads