WAR OF THE BURNING SKY - the novel!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's amusing. A post saying "it's too long" and then a post saying "it's too short".

I think it's safe to assume we've projected it nicely in the middle. :)

Falkus

Explorer
So far, I've enjoyed it. I can definitely see this being useful for me for characterizing the NPCs when I finally get a chance to run it.

Daern

Explorer
The new chapters are action packed! As a DM about to run the encounter with Boreas and the Fire Forest this is particularly and timely. I hope you don't mind if I use your descriptions in my campaign! Cheers.

Please, feel free.

Part of the fun in writing the novel is maintaining the core of the modules' plot, but putting an interesting spin on it that feels authentic without being obvious. I don't want to have every scenario play out just like the adventures (and I certainly don't have the word count available to cover every combat encounter a typical D&D module contains). Hopefully the next two installments will accomplish that.

EugeneZ

First Post
Since you said you're looking for feedback, I just thought I'd post that I mean to read it, but haven't gotten a chance to. I'll post something more substantial once I do so, but I don't know when that'll be.

That said, I skimmed the post lengths and they seem fine to me...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Will we be able to get the full story eventualy in paperback via lulu?

I honestly don't know. There are no specific plans to at the moment, but there's no specific plan not to, either. That sort of thing would be a year or more away anyway.

Remove ads