War of the Burning Sky - Updated 1/18 with discussion of the Player's Guide

1) Additional supplements and information concerning the saga ... will it be automatically emailed to me like the new installments are? (Or will I need to keep checking the ENWorld site for updates?)

Perhaps the latter. I don't know how the subscription service works. If we're not actually selling it, I don't know if we can add it to the list of products to be sent out.

2) Are there any suggestions for character generation? Should we use standard character generation methods? Do any particular classes get more of a chance to shine?

You really ought to have a few magic-users in the party, since it helps the theme since the bad guys are anti-magic-user. But my goal is for all the classes to get a chance to shine. I'm personally not a huge fan of traps and locks, but I'm sure the authors will include classic rogue tricks.

The NPCs are normally 25-pt. buy. I playtested with 28-pt. buy.

3) Would you consider the adventures appropriate in challenge level for newbie players, or should only more experienced players attempt them (like Paizo's Adventure Paths)?

The first adventure starts with some kid gloves, but I figure if the players aren't experienced, then neither will be the DM, so it should be fair. In my playtest we had experienced players, and I made the bad guys use harsh tactics -- ganging up, using the full attacks of warhorses, fireballing 2nd level PCs. Y'know, fun stuff like that. They made it through just fine, though with some chumbawumba-ing.

Remove ads