[Wargame] Clash of Spears. Antiquities Skirmish Battles

shesheyan

Explorer
A new low model count skirmish rules system for the Antiquities. Mostly Punic Wars. My friends are playing it and love it. A dynamic rule set with reaction actions and alternate activation. I'm thinking of playing the Greeks.

A well made short video that explains the combat system:

Fighting Hedgehog:

shesheyan

Explorer
I went with the Macedonians. This game doesn't have official models. I chose Warlord Games SPQR miniatures.

Leaders

Troops

Veterans

pogre

Hero
I like the SPQR figures. Thus far have passed my WILL save to avoid buying some! I have a ton of old Republican Rome in bare metal.

Was not familiar with Clash of Spears - thanks for sharing. The only thing I did not like in the demo is the amount of counters they use on the board, but that's purely a personal aesthetic gripe.

shesheyan

Explorer
I like the SPQR figures. Thus far have passed my WILL save to avoid buying some! I have a ton of old Republican Rome in bare metal.

Was not familiar with Clash of Spears - thanks for sharing. The only thing I did not like in the demo is the amount of counters they use on the board, but that's purely a personal aesthetic gripe.
The counters they use a really nice and detailed. After playing INFINITY (Corvus Belli) I'm no longer bothered by an over abundance of counters on the table. :ROFLMAO:

shesheyan

Explorer
Received my SPQR models today. At first glance I'm happy with the sculpts. The elites and leaders are in resin instead of metal.

pogre

Hero
Thanks for sharing the unboxing. I like that there are not a hundred parts to put together. Let's you get stuck in painting right off!

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4