Warhammer Fantasy Role Play 4th Edition

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Thanks for the replies. In print isn't really important as the cheapos I game with will probably not buy a copy of the book anyway outside of one player. I was more wondering if they "nerfed" the game to make it easier like later editions of D&D or if its still on par with classic WHFRP.

I would probably be using the 1e books for background but when you say the background was cleaned up what do you mean exactly?

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
@deganawida There is currently a HUGE Warhammer bundle at Humble Bundle, if you do PDFs and cost is still a concern. There is only one day left as of this posting.
Cost isn't a concern for me, but my players are insanely cheap. But I already have the core books for 1e and 2e along with some of the supplements in physical and PDF so I have enough to run a campaign in either of those editions. Was just wondering if 4e did anything that would make it the clear choice, other than being in print. As for PDF...I am the only one in a group of 7 that actually has a tablet to make PDF quick and easy at the table. Yes its crazy.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Well, the earlier editions took a lot of their material from Warhammer fantasy battles and let's just say it was not a good edit of the material. Then there was the whole "direction" of material for 1E, they kind of screwed with the writers they hired and turned them away. Later editions took the time to keep in the material in line with the WFRP moving away from Fantasy Battles. 4E is a good solid game and the material for it has been designed for the system (even the re-printed stuff) but IF you want to take the time, the older stuff and material in White Dwarf can be converted with a minimal amount of work.

I have always liked the 2nd edition and prefer it over 4E but 4E is good and it is being well supported which is good.

Remove ads