Warhammer lore

Mercador

Adventurer
Hello,

Back in June, I purchased Zweihander and I really loved the setting. I'm not too sure why but I never look for the warhammer setting, I guess it became popular during my twenty years RPG drought (95-15) but now I'm really digging it, I'm playing Total War: Warhammer and I would like to know more about that universe. I was wondering if Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is a good way to learn more about the lore, is there any good amount of fluff within the book? I know there's a lot of youtube channels but I'm more a bookworm kind of guy. Gotrek & Felix is also on my buying list for this winter.

Thanks a lot!

Retreater

Legend
The current 4e WHFRPG has about 22 pages about the Reikland, the default setting of the game. It's pretty evocative for that area, but far from complete. I've cobbled together my knowledge of the classic Fantasy lore from novels, old army tomes, computer games, years of RPGs, etc. I like the feel very much and I sprinkle it into every fantasy game I run.

aramis erak

Legend
I was wondering if Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is a good way to learn more about the lore, is there any good amount of fluff within the book?
The WFRP 1E book is better than the WFRP 4E book for the setting material, IMO, but there is a lot more in the 1e adventures of the campaign, "The Enemy Within"- which are about 1/4 sourcebook, 3/4 adventure.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
This book:
44FC850B-3AC5-4966-A082-27CE4A07F906.jpeg

Finding it might be tough, it came out in ’98, but it is stock full of fluff on the Old World

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
See if you can find a WFRP 1E core book. It's old but all the important stuff doesn't really change and it really drips WFRP-ness.

Derren

Hero
Well, basically take Europe during the renaissance and ramp up all stereotypes to 11.
For something more specific, WFRP 2E had a good book on Brettonia.

Mercador

Adventurer
Well, basically take Europe during the renaissance and ramp up all stereotypes to 11.
For something more specific, WFRP 2E had a good book on Brettonia.
Yeah, that's something I'm noticing, more than the map of Europe itself. Like the Empire is German, Vampires are Romanian, Southern are italian, Bretonnian are French, Norsca are Norwegians, Orcs are Turks (??).

Remove ads