Warlock Maledictions

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
In 4e, I solved the "Eldritch Blast is boring" problem by tricking out my other at-will with all the magic items that could affect it. When I had something that punished the enemy for following me around (and stuck him in molasses for good measure), I had achieved my goal.

If you do not need DPR to swiftly annihilate the enemy (perhaps because he has no Alpha Strike to use on Team Hero), then putting status conditions all over Team Monster gives the Defender some variety in his life.

clearstream

(He, Him)
In 4e, I solved the "Eldritch Blast is boring" problem by tricking out my other at-will with all the magic items that could affect it. When I had something that punished the enemy for following me around (and stuck him in molasses for good measure), I had achieved my goal.

If you do not need DPR to swiftly annihilate the enemy (perhaps because he has no Alpha Strike to use on Team Hero), then putting status conditions all over Team Monster gives the Defender some variety in his life.
What is your example? I mean, I like things like Ray of Frost, yet they still seem to not stack up unless brought nearer Blast.

With Maledictions, I could stick Lance of Lethargy on Ray, and stack Repelling, to push away 10' and slow 20'. I'd happily trade that off against better range and +3 points of damage.

Remove ads