Warlock Patron: the Sisters (Witch)

neogod22

Explorer
The expanded spell list should not contain any spells that are available to the warlock through the normal spell list or invocations. It completely defeats the purpose of the expansion since those are only available spells, not automatic spells.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

G

Guest 6801328

The expanded spell list should not contain any spells that are available to the warlock through the normal spell list or invocations. It completely defeats the purpose of the expansion since those are only available spells, not automatic spells.

Yeah. I've been adjusting the list but haven't updated yet.

Although I'd dispute that it "completely defeats" the purpose of an expanded spell list. You might want to be able to cast an Invocation spell more than 1/day, and/or you might have other invocations that are higher priority. Still, I'll agree that there's something off about including an Invocation spell in the list.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

neogod22

Explorer
Yeah. I've been adjusting the list but haven't updated yet.

Although I'd dispute that it "completely defeats" the purpose of an expanded spell list. You might want to be able to cast an Invocation spell more than 1/day, and/or you might have other invocations that are higher priority. Still, I'll agree that there's something off about including an Invocation spell in the list.

Thanks.
I used to wonder about why most invocations that grant spells say once per long rest, but given the low availability of spell slots per fight, you probably won't cast those spells more than once anyway.

neogod22

Explorer
I used to wonder about the once per long rest too but, given the low availability of spells per fight, that doesn't seem to,make it an issue. I think the point of having to take certain spells as invocations serves 2 purposes, one it gets you extra spells, and they make the spells more special.

G

Guest 6801328

Ok, lots and lots of changes.
- Adjusted spell list
- Tried to adhere to warlock template: 1st level is a survivability boon, 6th level is a reaction, 10th level is a special ability + resistance/immunity, 14th level is an offensive ability once per long rest.
- Brand new 14th level ability. Tricky one to balance.

I'm about to go insert the new version of Twist Fate (called Jinx....)

neogod22

Explorer
Ok, lots and lots of changes.
- Adjusted spell list
- Tried to adhere to warlock template: 1st level is a survivability boon, 6th level is a reaction, 10th level is a special ability + resistance/immunity, 14th level is an offensive ability once per long rest.
- Brand new 14th level ability. Tricky one to balance.

I'm about to go insert the new version of Twist Fate (called Jinx....)
Is Twist if Fate a 1st lvl, or 6th lvl ability?

G

Guest 6801328

Is Twist if Fate a 1st lvl, or 6th lvl ability?

6th. It's now "Jinx", which is an active ability rather than an opportunistic one, and it can only turn successes into failures (which feels more thematic to me).

Stalker0

Legend
The new Jinx ability looks pretty good, I like the final end product here.

The curse of the 3 sisters is very flavorful. In terms of power its no "hurl through hell" but the fact that you have 3 chances to get some kind of penalty off is nice.

Also the poison is a really strong DOT effect, but in most combats won't be that much damage. It is a great plot device though when you curse someone with it, and they slowly die.

G

Guest 6801328

The new Jinx ability looks pretty good, I like the final end product here.

The curse of the 3 sisters is very flavorful. In terms of power its no "hurl through hell" but the fact that you have 3 chances to get some kind of penalty off is nice.

Also the poison is a really strong DOT effect, but in most combats won't be that much damage. It is a great plot device though when you curse someone with it, and they slowly die.

Thanks!

I think I'm going to call this one complete (for now...).

Remove ads