Warriors & Warlocks out on PDF!

Ryan_Singer

First Post
Thanks for the peek!

I agree that a bestiary is virtually a must for any FRPG. Incarnations of Fantasy HERO (prior to HERO 5th) didn't really have one of note, so DMs...er...GMs were forced to do almost all the work themselves. That tended to slow things down a mite. Hopefully, Green Ronin will not make that mistake, and a W&W monster book is in the works.

Given the nature of powers/magic, etc., a sizable book of spells & artifacts wouldn't hurt either. (Any of that in W&W?)
While a bestiary would be nice, converting monsters from OGL sources (like the Hypertext SRD) is a process that takes less than 30 seconds for most monsters. If you pick one from the link above, I'd be happy to demonstrate converting it. Also, Does anyone have any character concepts they want to see statted?

Ryan_Singer

First Post
Half-Fiend Medusa

Templates are a bit harder, since I'm not looking at one stat block, but let's see what we can do here.

The shortbow is +8 to hit, and 3dmg, for an average of 6. Their save DC for their petrification is 15, and their poison is 14. I'd say PL6 is fine.

HALF-FIELD MEDUSA

APPEARANCE
Size: Medium
Height: 6'
Weight: 130
Hair: Snakes
Eyes: Yellow

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 6
Max Attack: 6
Max Defense: 6
Max Save DC: 6
Max Toughness: 6

ABILITIES
STR: 14 (+2)
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 16 (+3)
WIS: 13 (+1)
CHA: 17 (+3)

COMBAT
Attack 6 (Melee 6, Ranged 6)
+6 [Strike (linked to Poison 4) 6 (L)]
Defense 6 (3 flat-footed)
Initiative 4

SAVES
Toughness 6 (6 flat-footed)
Fortitude 3
Reflex 7
Will 6

SKILLS

Bluff 10 (+13)
Climb (+2)
Concentration (+1)
Diplomacy 2 (+5)
Disguise 7 (+10)
Escape Artist (+4)
Gather Info (+3)
Handle Animal (+3)
Intimidate 2 (+5)
Notice 9 (+10)
Search (+3)
Sense Motive (+1)
Stealth 6 (+10)
Survival (+1)
Swim (+2)

POWERS
POWER[4] Protection
POWER[5] Petrification (Gaze, Continuous)
POWER[4] Darkness Control
Strike (linked to poison)
Flight
Darkvision

SUMMARY
Abilities 32 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 0 + Powers 50 + Combat 24 + Saves 9 – Drawbacks 0 = 124

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Did they make a revamped Werewolf or Lycanthrope template of some kind? I always thought the Werewolf in M&M was a bit tame.

Miar

First Post
I while back someone sent me to this post on the M&M forum. There is I think a link to every Monster Manuel Monster done up for M&M plus a bunch from the MM2 as well.

Gilwen

Explorer
Misfit Studios is doing a SRD Monsters conversion product. Might keep an eye on that if you don't want to do the conversions yourself.
gil

Ryan_Singer

First Post
http://www.greenronin.com/images/product/grr2525_450.jpg

So how long will it take, table time wise, for Nanoc The Barbarian and Ajnos the Crimson Sorceress to beat/be beaten by that army of SnakeMen?

If they are minions, then the Barbarian is about to take down 7 or 8 this round (assuming good attack roles).

If they are not minions, this fight is taking 4-5 hours of real time, because those are a ton of guys to track damage on.

Remove ads