Water Problems [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: Kalidrev!]

Goldhammer

First Post
"Excellent!" Torqua cries when she's told that dinner is on it's way. "I'll take some wine please. I've heard the the Blazing Sands is quite famous for it's wine."

The fat sorceress has a look over the map. "You said that going near these sand dunes is far too dangerous. Yet according to this map, the only way to get from city 3 to city 4 is to go straight through them." Torqua explains, pointing out the trade route.

Llama_Bill

First Post
"I'll take some beer then. I was about to ask the same thing, how do people get between 3 and 4? Sounds like a lot of people could have gotten rid of your water. Do you know if the level dropped slowly?" Kavac moves up to the carpet and points to the two nearest oasis, "How long would it take us to get to these?"

pathfinderq1

First Post
Myoko took her time studying the tapestry- it was more interesting than the thought of a formal feast to her. After a while, she turned her attention back to the Sultan and began to speak in a steady measured voice. "Is this an accurate map, or simply an artistic representation?" Then she pointed to the two nearest oases. "Which one did you draw water from, or was it from both? If only one, who controls the other, and does it still have water? How long ago did the problem start, and did it happen slowly or all of a sudden? And have you had people examine the site of the problem- and did they learn any information that might be helpful? Besides enemies from the other cities, are there creatures or savage folk that dwell nearby who might be to blame?" While her words were brisk and to the point, she was careful to keep her tone and her stance appropriately respectful, as was fitting for their host's status.

OOC: Diplomacy, just in case; 1d20+7=22; roll Roll Lookup

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I'll be out in a sampling campaign until Friday night, so perhaps I'll be able to update then, if I'm not too much destroyed. Amazing role play by the way guys, keep it up and you'll get an xp bonus for it. I love it, fair and square, my congratulations.

Farce

First Post
Vardaal just smiled a wide grin as the others debated the accuracy of the tapestry and its map. His thoughts were simply on food and rest and, of course, crushing.

RickRoll

First Post
The shifter looks over the map with the others and shudders as he considers what the blowing sands will do to his gear. Frost looks to the sultan, "Another question, how will we travel to the oasis? Horses probably can't make the trip and those two are too heavy for them anyways" the shifter asks, gesturing to Vardaal and Kavac.

Goldhammer

First Post
, "Another question, how will we travel to the oasis? Horses probably can't make the trip and those two are too heavy for them anyways" the shifter asks, gesturing to Vardaal and Kavac.

"I'm not sure if I should honored or insulted that you didn't include me in that list." Torqua says to the shifter, patting her huge stomach.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Excellent!" I'll take some wine please. I've heard the the Blazing Sandsis quite famous for it's wine.
You said that going near these sand dunes is far too dangerous. Yet according to this map, the only way to get from city 3 to city 4 is to go straight through them."
“Ah yes, but that cross is not well represented. The path runs through an ancient valley, in the middle of a cliff that protects the travelers from the harsh conditions of the blazing sand” Replies the sultan, nodding at Torqua’s appreciation for the local wine.

"I'll take some beer then. I was about to ask the same thing, how do people get between 3 and 4? Sounds like a lot of people could have gotten rid of your water. Do you know if the level dropped slowly? How long would it take us to get to these?"
“We have absolutely no idea of how did exactly the oasis dried out. The scouting team we sent, never came back” Losadar says with a worried expression. “It would be around two days travel”

"Is this an accurate map, or simply an artistic representation? Which one did you draw water from, or was it from both? If only one, who controls the other, and does it still have water? How long ago did the problem start, and did it happen slowly or all of a sudden? And have you had people examine the site of the problem- and did they learn any information that might be helpful? Besides enemies from the other cities, are there creatures or savage folk that dwell nearby who might be to blame?"
“I’ll reply in order to all these questions my lady: It’s something in the middle of both; We drew water from the closest, the farthest has been dry since about 60 years; It happened mostly suddenly, in about a day, and it started two weeks ago; We sent an expedition but none came back to report; there are some savage creatures crawling in the sand, but no tribes of savage humanoids or the like” explains Losador to the jadite

"Another question, how will we travel to the oasis? Horses probably can't make the trip and those two are too heavy for them anyways"
“Oh, I’m afraid horses are not a creature that can withstand the weather in these lands” laughs the sultan. “You’ll have to travel on foot.” He assures the shifter, not joking at all.
Farce said:
"Very pretty, it not so far. Maybe when the cold goes away we go right away?"
“Yes” smiles Losador “Tomorrow at dawn”

When the sultan finishes his last reply, the doors swing open and several servants rush into the room, with plates and dishes, which they serve to the adventurers. The ordered drinks are also served. Losador looks hungrily at his plate, and begins to eat with his fingers, with extreme delicacy.

OOC: If you want to ask the sultan another thing, feel free. Also RP the night and after we are done with questions and such, we’ll move along.
Still recuperating from the work, and still with many things in hand. I hope to get back to normal posting rate in a few days. I’ll try to update the games as I’m able.

Llama_Bill

First Post
Seeing the Sultan eating with his fingers Kavac joins in but his eating style would be described as slightly less refined than the sultan’s eating habits. After taking a large mouthful of beer he has another question for the Sultan, “Will we need special clothing to walk through the desert? I’m used to a little more snow.” Kavac gets back to eating as he doesn’t expect to be getting food this good for a long time and at this rate the food in front of him won’t be lasting a long time.

Goldhammer

First Post
"My lord, you are a man after my own heart, if you don't might me saying." Torqua says cheerfully as she digs into a plate of exotic food with an almost holy zeal. "This is fantastic, by the way." Finishing her meal in record speed, she helps herself to her glass of wine. "So tell me, Losador, you said you saw the world in your youth. Does that mean you were an adventurer like us? Your travels must of been fascinating to say the least in order to build up a collection like this."

"Also is it possible to get seconds?"

Remove ads