We need help with spam banning

wedgeski

Adventurer
I'm usually on during the working day, GMT. I'd be happy to nuke obvious spam when I'm around.

Edit: Actually it just occurred to me I only really visit the 5E forum. I would guess this is a role best suited to someone who visits more of the site.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Since I don't play 5th, I'm usually in "Misc." or "General"...and "All" helps me cover the bases.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We have a new tool as of today. On the mobile skin (traditionally hard to moderate from) we can, with a *single click* (with an "Are you really, really sure?" check) spambam an account and delete everything it ever did. That'll make life a lot easier. Now if I see it on my phone, it's gone in under a second.

fuindordm

Adventurer
This week I received a couple of PMs from JorgeWar inviting me to an adult services website. Does that count?
I'm happy to ban the bot, if you give me the hammer. I swear not to use it in ill faith. :)
Ben

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I found a spammer today who managed to make 58 posts in a short time. Luckily we can get all their posts at once, so it's quicker to remove them than for them to post. :)

pdzoch

Explorer
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], if you still need some help with this, I am willing to take on the task. (woke up this morning to a board full of spam -- grrr).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeeks! I missed most of the fun! I nailed @ a dozen before bedtime, but I guess that was just the tip o' the iceberg.

Edit: sorry about not being careful about tempting fate...

Last edited:

Remove ads