• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

We need help with spam banning

wedgeski

Adventurer
I'm usually on during the working day, GMT. I'd be happy to nuke obvious spam when I'm around.

Edit: Actually it just occurred to me I only really visit the 5E forum. I would guess this is a role best suited to someone who visits more of the site.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Since I don't play 5th, I'm usually in "Misc." or "General"...and "All" helps me cover the bases.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We have a new tool as of today. On the mobile skin (traditionally hard to moderate from) we can, with a *single click* (with an "Are you really, really sure?" check) spambam an account and delete everything it ever did. That'll make life a lot easier. Now if I see it on my phone, it's gone in under a second.

fuindordm

Adventurer
This week I received a couple of PMs from JorgeWar inviting me to an adult services website. Does that count?
I'm happy to ban the bot, if you give me the hammer. I swear not to use it in ill faith. :)
Ben

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I found a spammer today who managed to make 58 posts in a short time. Luckily we can get all their posts at once, so it's quicker to remove them than for them to post. :)

pdzoch

Explorer
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], if you still need some help with this, I am willing to take on the task. (woke up this morning to a board full of spam -- grrr).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeeks! I missed most of the fun! I nailed @ a dozen before bedtime, but I guess that was just the tip o' the iceberg.

Edit: sorry about not being careful about tempting fate...

Last edited:

Remove ads