• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weak Plothooks

jgsugden

Legend
The, answer, quite simply, is that it depends upon the campaign.

There is no right or wrong answer. The goal of D&D is to have fun. If your decision is going to ruin the fun for other players or the DM, make a different decision. If it won't, then feel free to do whatever you like.

Rystil Arden

First Post
This happened recently to me, except it was much worse. In my group, for years they have basically forced me to GM time and time again. Then, one of the players volunteered to GM, and to help him out, I gave him the full info on my Telepath character months in advance (along with several plot hooks that I put in the history itself, which I am fairly sure he didn't read at all, that would have convinced my character to join in on any adventure). Anyway, the plothook was offered by a member of an organisation that my character disliked and mistrusted (although he would have accepted a similar quest from any number of other people), and the quest involved exclusively beating on undead and vermin (and one necromancer BBEG with stellar will saves), and of course they are all immune to all of my Telepathy powers...

Would you have bitten? I actually did because I wanted to get a chance to play.

pogre

Legend
Go ahead and bite.

Afterwards, perhaps via e-mail, suggest a plot hook that would have been more appealing from your character's perspective.

I agree with those concerned about supporting a new GM.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads