• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon Illustration Sketches

Tetsubo

First Post
Presto2112 said:
Unusual - perhaps exotic - request.

I'm soon introducing a character (druid) into our game whose primary weapon is a spear, crafted from oak. The weapon is all crafted from a single piece of wood - even the blade (gotta love Ironwood). The butt of the weapon should look as if the spear was just torn from the tree.

Possible?

Yes. I'll start to think about it.

Crashinibon

First Post
I hate to stack replies on ya but I've just been toying with this design and I can't quite make it 'pretty'

A saber military/calvery style with a long slightly curving blade that would lend itself to god slashes but still allow swift thrusts without needing much adjustment from a fencers grip. Now for the flavor the handguard would be in the form of a raptor (Hawk, Falcon, Eagle or whathave you) with it's wings swept back and it's breast and belly forming the hand gaurd sort of basketly and it's head curled downwerd like the top of a S so it would be looking up when sheathed and down when wielded and sturdy enough looking that with a slight twist when accepting a sword on sword blow it could function as a bit of a blade catch

Tetsubo

First Post
Crashinibon said:
I hate to stack replies on ya but I've just been toying with this design and I can't quite make it 'pretty'

A saber military/calvery style with a long slightly curving blade that would lend itself to god slashes but still allow swift thrusts without needing much adjustment from a fencers grip. Now for the flavor the handguard would be in the form of a raptor (Hawk, Falcon, Eagle or whathave you) with it's wings swept back and it's breast and belly forming the hand gaurd sort of basketly and it's head curled downwerd like the top of a S so it would be looking up when sheathed and down when wielded and sturdy enough looking that with a slight twist when accepting a sword on sword blow it could function as a bit of a blade catch

That is a really complex design idea. I will not say "No" outright. But it is a challenge that I may not be up too. No promises.

Crashinibon

First Post
I realized this when I was putting typing it out andthat it is a bit unfair for me to ask of someone something I can't do all that well myself.

I thank you for taking it into concideration and hope you do try your hand at it, I'd really like to see what you produce :)

Tetsubo

First Post
Thri-kreen Gythka...

The Thri-kreen are a D&D race of humanoid insects with four arms. They traditionally build very primitive, neolithic types of weapons. Using bone, stone, crystal, wood, etc. But I figured if they had access to metal...

Attachments

• gythka.jpg
    gythka.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 116

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads