Web-Based CB is Live (Official Announcement)

IronWolf

blank
On the upside, I no longer need to transfer characters between my laptop and main pc...

Slight off-topic side-note, but if you find yourself sharing files between a laptop and main PC frequently you should look at something like Dropbox. It is a small piece of software that you can install on your laptop and desktop that syncs the folders to the "cloud". So if you update a file on your laptop the new version will appears in a folder accessible through Windows Explorer on your desktop. It's a free service for up to 2GB off the bat and then ways to earn more free space.

I've been using it for awhile and find it super handy to keep files synced across multiple computers and accessible via a web interface from any computer. Not to be a complete shill, but if you are interested, PM me your email address and I can send you a referral link that gets you an extra 250MB of space.

Bagpuss

Legend
(1) No Inherent Bonuses is a real drag for Dark Sun.

I've found out how to do it using the Debug screen accessing the Characterfile XML editing it saving that as a .dnd4e file and importing that as a character.

It's a lot of work, for something that should just be a toggle button in the builder, because the actual support is already build into the program.

Because from looking at it the program is the old builder just run remotely, it isn't a ground up build of a new piece of software by the looks of things it's a port of the code from the old .Net program, with a lot of the front end controls missing, but the support is still there behind the scenes.

Scribble

First Post
I've found out how to do it using the Debug screen accessing the Characterfile XML editing it saving that as a .dnd4e file and importing that as a character.

It's a lot of work, for something that should just be a toggle button in the builder, because the actual support is already build into the program.

Because from looking at it the program is the old builder just run remotely, it isn't a ground up build of a new piece of software by the looks of things it's a port of the code from the old .Net program, with a lot of the front end controls missing, but the support is still there behind the scenes.

How does one get to this debug screen I keep hearing about?

mudbunny

Community Supporter
From Trevor:

AT about 10:30 last night we rolled back the servers to the original build, which should have fixed the issue that cropped up last night after the hot fix. We're still looking into the problems and I'll stop back in with more information as I have it.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
From Trevor

On November 17th we pushed out a hot fix for a few issues that could cause people to crash while using the CB. Now we rushed to get that hot fix live after testing it internally, and in the end, we actually caused a few different crash issues. We rolled back to the launch data around 10:30 on the 17th and that fixed those problems that the hot fix had caused.

Since then we have looked into the problems, created some more fixes, and we are currently testing those internally. We're going to move a bit slower this time and from now on to make sure we avoid the issues of the last hot fix. We're definitely still looking into and investigating crash and lag issues, and when we're ready to push another fix I'll let you know.

Remove ads