D&D 4E Weekly Wrecana - Lucky Power a power source..

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
And I would find it very bland to have a single at-will with "modifiers".

The classic knights and those who enumerated them into illustrated books had maneuvers with names that are surprisingly poetic ...
like boar running down hill or similar things but "I hit it with my sword" won out.

Hmmmm, its a bit of an interesting contrast to the E-classes as Mearls designed them. These avoid many of the mechanical pitfalls of Slayer for instance (don't use MBA/RBA + stances for instance), though they do eschew most powers in return for simple damage boosts. I'd suggest recasting those boosts as actual powers, in the way Power Attack was formulated for the Knight and Slayer. If the wording is properly done then it allows for replacement with powers of other builds of your class (though obviously none such exist in this case, but as a general concept for E-like classes).

The same could be said for the 'Flourishes' and such, they can simply be recast as actual utility powers, since they seem to effectively BE such except in terms of formatting.

Its not a bad approach. I agree they're going to be boring to play for the most part, though not terribly much so. The only thing I don't really 'get' is why he sacrificed ACTUAL utility powers for the flourishes. This is the one area where the Buffoon in particular gets shortchanged. He's got to burn utility power slots to do stuff that would simply be part of the powers of normal classes.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The only thing I don't really 'get' is why he sacrificed ACTUAL utility powers for the flourishes. This is the one area where the Buffoon in particular gets shortchanged. He's got to burn utility power slots to do stuff that would simply be part of the powers of normal classes.

joxxer the Jynx definitely ought to have utility powers...

Remove ads