Weird stuff happening...

DarrenGMiller

First Post
I have had some issues viewing ENWORLD lately. One morning when I checked the boards, it showed that nobody had posted anything for more than 24 hours. The next time I cam back, still nothing new twelve hours later. Now, when I look at the General RPG forum, I will see a thread on the first page, with those I have not seen (in bold). Then, about halfway down that page, they will indicate that I have visited since they were posted (which I have not). Then, a page or two later, I will see more bold threads. Some threads on later pages will be repeat listings of things that were on page 1 or 2. It is strange. I have never seen this here before (repeated listings of the same thread, alternating bold and non-bold threads, etc.) What's up?

EDIT: Also, for example, the "Lightbulb" thread says that the last post is by Frukathka at 5:xx pm, but the last post I see is someone else's at 7:2x am. Interestingly, that thread was posted a full week ago. There is some strange stuff going on here. Is it my computer? I have no way to tell what is really new or not.

DM

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sounds like a cookie problem. The PHP upgrade last weekend affected cookies somehow. I'd leave the site, delete your enworld.org (or enworld.cybstreet.com) cookies and then return and see if that fixes it.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
I have a similar problem. New posts don't tag threads as having them. I flushed all cookies and re-logged in. Same thing.

Andargor

IronWolf

blank
andargor said:
I have a similar problem. New posts don't tag threads as having them. I flushed all cookies and re-logged in. Same thing.

Same thing here. I blew away all my EN World cookies (enworld.cyberstreet.com and www.enworld.org) and sites show as all read between visits.

Rystil Arden

First Post
For me, all threads made before the update work as normal, but those made after the update won't list as read even if they are. Until I log off, at which point, everything lists as read, even if it was posted just that minute.

Also, it let me double-post once, which should have triggered both the 30 second limiter and the no double post checker. It only happened once, mind you, and I tried to do it again and couldn't

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases