Welcome to Reyr's Well

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The elven woman starts a bit. She obviously wasn't paying enough attention to have seen either adventurer. "What?" she says. Then, she smiles and laughs a bit. "Oh, yes. I'm afraid so." She points to the bird, which is now perched on an eave and preening its tail feathers. "I'm afraid one of my birds escaped." She holds a finger toward the bird and chirps at it. The bird ignores her.

Li Shenron

Legend
"I am not sure how, but I wish I could help. A net could be of use, if only we had one... or would you be afraid of hurting the bird?"

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Karl glances at the eave where the bird is roosting, then back to the Elf.

"Ah, an elusive escaped pet, eh?" he says to the woman, before adding under his breath, "Not exactly the start of a life of high adventure..."

He slips off his backpack and begins rummaging around, looking for some breadcrumbs or fragments of his last ration with which me might be able to entice the errant creature to rest on his palm.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"I am not sure how, but I wish I could help. A net could be of use, if only we had one... or would you be afraid of hurting the bird?"

Karl glances at the eave where the bird is roosting, then back to the Elf. "Ah, an elusive escaped pet, eh?" he says to the woman, before adding under his breath, "Not exactly the start of a life of high adventure..." He slips off his backpack and begins rummaging around, looking for some breadcrumbs or fragments of his last ration with which me might be able to entice the errant creature to rest on his palm.

The elf and Molly watch as Karl fills his palm with ration crumbs and holds his hand up for the bird to see. The elf moves closer, standing with Karl between her and the bird, and she continues to chirp. Then, with a flutter of feathers, the colorful bird flits from the roof to Karl's hand, perching on his thumb in order to peck at the crumbs.

"Praise Recenth," the elf whispers, and she cautiously encloses the bird in one of her hands. "Thank you, good sir. I doubt this little one would've survived long on her own." She extends her other hand to Karl. "I'm Genovefa, and you must accept my invitation for a meal at the Feisty Unicorn."

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Karl's eyes light up at the prospect of a decent meal and, at long last, a proper drink. Dried rations and water can only sustain a man for so long.

"Oh, well, of course" he says with a smile, "We'd be delighted to accept your offer", while shaking Genovefa's hand with enthusiasm. He glances down at the woman's hand for a moment, his illicit instincts briefly getting the better of him as he checks for any rings or bracelets he might be able to slip off the unsuspecting Elf's fingers or wrist.

Thinking the better of committing such brazen acts of thievery in a village they have just arrived in, Karl lets go of her hand. After all, there would be plenty of time for him to earn a few sneaky coins after they have eaten lunch.

"I'm Karl, and my travelling companion goes by the name Molly. Now then, where do we head for the Feisty Unicorn? I trust they serve good ale...?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
When Karl lets go of Genovefa's head, he catches her eyes, and it seems to him that there is a knowing glint therein, as if perhaps she knew that Karl was checking her for valuables. If so, however, she doesn't say anything, but instead answers Karl's question.

"The Unicorn's just down this road and across the next bridge. We'll pass my shop on the way, and I can put this nuisance back in her cage. Shall we?"

The elf smiles at Molly and offers her arm to Karl.

Li Shenron

Legend
"That's what I need right now... a feisty lunch!" Molly mutters within herself, absent-minded for a second, before grabbing up her backpack once again and smiles: "What are we waiting for? Let's go meet this unicorn!"

Remove ads