Welcome to Reyr's Well

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
With a slightly awkward glance, Karl takes the Elf's hand and allows her to lead the way, gesturing for Molly to follow.

A faint smile creeps across his lips as they move through the village, all thoughts of suspicion and wariness supplanted by increasingly tantalising thoughts of roast beef and foaming ale.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Genovefa stops at her home long enough to secure the recaptured bird. Dozens of bird cages hang from hooks under the eaves of her home. Within the cages, scores of birds sing, hop, and flutter. From across the stream that cuts through town, the warm smell of baked bread wafts through the air around a wood-and-thatch building. Two folding doors, open to display shelves of baked good, comprise most of the facade. A large stone oven sits near the building. A couple of halfling ladies tend the oven. Another building nearby bears a sign outside that reads “Kerman Sendoa, Scriptorological Services”.

"That's Malina and Lindsay," Genovefa says, waving to the halflings. They wave back, and Karl and Molly can see the halflings are twins.

The walk to the Feisty Unicorn is otherwise brief and uneventful. The shingle hanging outside the building depicts a unicorn rampant against a red background. The structure itself rises two stories with a sharply peaked roof. The ground floor has stone-and-mortar walls whereas the second floor is wood that appears freshly white-washed. Genovefa leads the way into the common room.

"Víðarr!" she says. "Three for dinner!"

A dwarf, squat, burly, and hairy, looks up from a book he was perusing while sitting on a stool near the bar. He grins crookedly and says, "Have a seat! Eguzkiñe! Come see to our guests!"

A human woman bustles through a door in the rear of the room. She pats her hair, puts on a big smile, and saunters over to the trio.

"Take seats. Take seats," she says. "What can I get for you?" She points to a menu carved into the wall nearby.

The menu:

Bread & Cheese...5 copper
Breakfast...2 silver
Dinner...5 silver
Supper...2 silver

Small beer...5 copper
Stout ale...2 silver
Mead...15 silver
Selenic Silver...2 gold
Brandy...1 gold

Brandy by the gill. Others by the pint.

Common room...free with meal
Private room...1 gold per night
Dorm cot...3 silver per night

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Mmmmm..." says Karl, his smile widening. "Dinner and a stout ale, if you please miss!"

Karl searches through his coin purse, and after picking out the real coins from a few not-so-convincing forgeries he had acquired on his travels, places seven silver on the bar. While he waits for Molly and Genovefa to order, he starts glancing round the room, looking for a free table.

Li Shenron

Legend
"Same for me, if you please." says Molly while doubling the silver coins on the bar, then adding: "Do you get travelers any often here in town?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Mmmmm..." says Karl, his smile widening. "Dinner and a stout ale, if you please miss!"

Karl searches through his coin purse, and after picking out the real coins from a few not-so-convincing forgeries he had acquired on his travels, places seven silver on the bar. While he waits for Molly and Genovefa to order, he starts glancing round the room, looking for a free table.

"Same for me, if you please." says Molly while doubling the silver coins on the bar, then adding: "Do you get travelers any often here in town?"

Genovefa says, "Not many travelers that stay. We're sort of a crossroads between the north and the coast. People come and go." The elf smiles at the serving wench. "Add another dinner and stout, and three more stouts, Eguzkiñe. We're celebrating a bit."

"Oh?" says the serving wench.

As Genovefa recounts the recapture of the escaped bird, Karl looks around the inn's common room. It's not very crowded. Aside from the dwarven innkeeper and Eguzkiñe, he sees another serving wench saunter in from the kitchen. About that time, that halfling woman he saw earlier comes in the front door bearing a large basket on her head.

"Got some fresh bread for ye," the halfling says, and she starts to distribute brown loafs to the few other customers.

"Smells right nice," says the other serving wench.

"Thanks, Amaya," replies the halfling.

One table is occupied by five men, all farmers judging by the mud on their boots and the manner of their dress. They're laughing and talking loud enough for Karl to hear the punchline of a particularly bawdy joke. At another table sit two silent men in the dull orange robes of monks. The only other patron is a slender woman sitting alone. A flute rests on the table near her platter.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Karl's eyes wander around the room as he listens to their new companion relate her story to the waitress. His eyes rest for a moment on the woman sitting with the flute - he shifts his gaze, trying perhaps to catch her eye so he can offer her a cheerful smile or a raised glass...

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
As Karl wonders about introducing himself, the woman catches his eye. She smiles pleasantly and slides to her feet, bring her tankard and instrument with her.

"Haizea Ochoa," she says, gesturing to herself. "Purveyor of fine flutes." She twirls the instrument deftly between two fingers. "You seem desirous of my acquaintance, sir. May I join you?"

OOC: Mea culpa maxima for the loooong silence. Been in a bit of a funk.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
With an awkward smile, Karl moves his stool away from the table slightly, allowing room for their new guest to sit with them.

"Haieza..." he says. "An unusual name for sure. That's a fine instrument you have there, my lady. I myself never had a talent for music, but I appreciate a fine tune as much as anyone - and admire the skill of those that can play them."

Out of the corner of his eye, Karl catches Molly raising her eyebrows at him - she's seen his attempts at charm on more than one occasion, with varying results.

Remove ads