Welcome to Roseville - Weird Western

M3woods

Explorer
A teaser for a thing I'm currently working on.

Welcome to Roseville, a small town situated in the western tunnels of Tex Arcana. Roseville has its share of problems. The Bugaboos from the Deepdown being one of them. Those monsters come crawling up now and then and carry off what rations we have – and the occasional folk or two.

Sheriff Dayton does his best to keep the peace but lately there’s been talk of going Topside and that’s just crazy. The townspeople are gettin’ antsy. Dayton and his deputies can barely keep ‘em calm.

There’s call for some brave souls to go wandering up top to see how the world’s fairing. You got what it takes, cowboy?

Huckster [1d6 years]

Prerequisites:bluffing.

Attributes: INT +1, LOG +1, CHA +1, LUC +1

Skill choices:[social], acting, storytelling, forgery, [gaming], appraisal.

Give you a few minutes and an attentive crowd you can sell almost anything. Give you a day to prepare and you can sell everything.

Beguiling. You are able to temporarily beguile and captivate a target with your words as a CHA vs. MENTAL DEFENSE check. A successful check charms the target until they shake off the condition. The target must be able to understand you and have a LOGIC attribute of at least 2.

The filth! You have developed an uncanny ability to detect the law. When attempting to sniff out a lawman or similar authority figure, you gain a +1d6 bonus.

Lawman [1d6 years]

Prerequisites:
None

Attributes:END +1, INT +1, LUC +1, REP +1

Skill choices: pistols, rifles, perception, thievery, interrogation, tracking, intimidate, law, local knowledge.

From tunnel town to tunnel town, there’s few fight the good fight. But, the star on your lapel sets everybody straight

Vigilant. Constantly vigilant, you are hard to surprise. You gain a +1d6 die bonus to access the ambush turn.

Troublesense. You are able to spot trouble before it happens. You gain a +1d6 bonus to INITIATIVE checks.

Crack shot. You have an eye for distance. You can double the range increment of a rifle by taking a -1d6 die penalty to damage.

M3woods

Explorer
Good beginning! That is exactly what I was talking about in a recent post.

I will pay attention to this.

Thanks. I've had this setting in mind for a while. Your post prompted me to take another look at it. Glad I did. It won't be a huge project as I'm currently co-writing a larger WOIN-compatible setting book. Welcome to Roseville will likely be a 36-page sourcebook with setting details and adventure hooks.

M3woods

Explorer
Little by little, when I have d spare time. I'm running a TMNT/Cyberpunk campaign with my tabletop group and writing a fantasy steampunk setting so time is a limited commodity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

M3woods

Explorer
Since I'll have extra writing time over the holidays, I've decided to pull this together sooner rather than later. Currently considering a 48-page introduction to the world of Roseville. It'll cover the Tunnel Towns, with their Gunslingers, Bugaboos, and Cavern Shamans, and the desolate Topside, a place of Dustdevils, crazed Pelters, Spectral Mobs, and monstrous Sharp Dogs.

I'll post updates and previews as the project progresses.

Thanks for the interests.

M3woods

Explorer
Welcome to Roseville

The center of Roseville was, without doubt, Mearl's General Store. It rested smack dab in the middle of town. You could count it off by the length of your boot, if you were so inclined. At the height of the day, when the oil lamps hanging high on the cavern walls were at their brightest, Mearl's was where you'd find most townsfolk milling. Short of church, the general store was the busiest building in Roseville. But the heart of the town, that was some distance away.

Garrett moved with a purposeful stride along the narrow tunnel north of town until he reached the southward switchback where the fairy-lights thinned and dimmed. There, he took the left fork and approached the saloon. Little more than a hole in the cavern wall, divided this side from that by a row of clapboards tacked together and mounted on hinges hammered directly into the rock, Old Goat's Place was the true heart of Roseville.

Pushing past the swinging door, Garrett stepped through the opening and entered the cavate lodge beyond. Thick, oily smoke from the lamps mingled with pallid tendrils of cigar smoke against the ceiling of the large chamber, rolling across the stone like advancing storm clouds before breaking apart and escaping upward through bored exhaust channels. A ramp, carved from the rock itself, spiralled downward along the walls of the cavern. Garrett made his way down, stepping around others both coming and going, mindful of the edge and the drop to the saloon's floor twenty feet below.

Here's a peek at Welcome to Roseville:
4 Origins, 12 Careers, a brief Timeline of the Coming of the Four Horsemen, 3 Tunnel Towns (New Works, Vexed Arcana, and Mesa Sombria), an introduction to the Topside and the Deepdown, Shaman and Spirit-tainted magic, a short bestiary, an original short story, and adventure hooks.

I'm reluctant to give any sort of release date as I'm currently the only one working on it.

M3woods

Explorer
Work continues on WELCOME TO ROSEVILLE. Here's a teaser of the Spiritbonded race-in-progress. I can't wait to put artwork on these pages.
32510d5d5c77695b957df09054bfd80c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases