Welcome to Roseville - Weird Western

M3woods

Explorer
Spiritbonded
Topside is dangerous. Monstrous beasts, spirits, both benign and malevolent, and eldritch energies rage across the world. Despite that, people still risk the Topside. Oftentimes, those that do become tainted by the otherworldy and pass that on to their offspring. Those children are marked as Spiritbonded.

The Spiritbonded’s strange nature reveals itself in the child’s outward appearance. Due to their peculiar features, as well as the extraordinary abilities they possess, Spiritbonded tend to be shunned by family and met with suspicion by strangers. They all gain the following Exploit:

Disreputable Heritage. Spiritbonded are met with a general sense of distrust, despite few facts that support such claims. They take a permanent -1d6 penalty to all CHA checks.

Demonbound
Statistics
Size: Medium
Attributes: AGI +2, END +1, MAG +1
Skill Choices: reactions, perception, [gaming], [magical], intimidate, riding

Exploits
Dark Heart of Character. Your innate understanding of the morality of existance enables you to draw confessions from others. You gain a +1d6 bonus to gain information.

Deceitful. You gain a +4 bonus when making a CHA check to deceive others.

Deviltry. Demonbound can perform any cantrip-level magical effect at-will as a single action.

Flaming Touch. Your touch becomes hot enough to injure others, causing an additional 1d6 of heat damage beyond your natural damage.

A few Careers coming soon. And a stat block for the Bugaboos from the Deepdown.

M3woods

Explorer
Rough draft map of Vexed Arcana, the cavern system where Roseville is located, for mapmaker's reference.
68617fe0d44391eb392921bca1412c33.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using EN World mobile app

M3woods

Explorer
Here's the current list of Races to be found in the weird western setting, Welcome to Roseville. They won't be called Races but I haven't decided exactly what to call them. I'm waffling between Parentage, Lineage, or Kinship.

Under the umbrella of Human:
Mountainfolk
Plainswalker
Undertowner
Woodsman

Beneath the umbrella of Spiritbonded:
Beastbound
Celestialbound
Demonbound
Elderbound
Faebound

Sent from my SM-N910V using EN World mobile app

M3woods

Explorer
And two example Origins:

Cave Cropper [2d6+6 years]
You grew up within the Tunnel Towns, cultivating and harvesting crops from the cavern soil.
Prerequisites: none.
Attributes: AGI +1, INT +1, LOG +1, LUC +1
Skill choices: herbalism, nature, riding, farming, carrying, survival, medicine
Identify plants. You can identify by sight any plant or herb automatically.

Clodkicker [2d6+6 years]
You were the Tunnel Town ruffian. You developed your physical skills, but your social skills were left wanting.
Prerequisites: none.
Attributes: STR +1, AGI +1, END +1, REP +1
Skill choices: [outdoor], [physical], carousing, intimidation, brawling
Fighting dirty. You've been tangling with others for years. This has taught you no matter how big or strong someone is, male or female, tall, short, skinny or fat, there are always vulnerable parts of the body. Once per enemy you may ignore 2 SOAK by targeting a weak spot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases