• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Well done Paizo

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Wow! A truly impressive showing. Congratulations to all the winners, the runner-ups, and all nominees. But most certainly, a special Congrats to Paizo.:cool:

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Maybe this will get some of the "I already have 3.5" folks and some of the "4E doesn't feel quite right" folks to finally give PF a chance. I did (a year late or so) and have not been disappointed.

delericho

Legend
Aye, congratulations to all the winners.

As for Paizo: between the range of products, the quality of the products, and the excellence of their customer service, they're a class act all round. Nice to see that recognised here... although it seems a bit unfortunate for the runners-up to be so thoroughly eclipsed!

Cor_Malek

First Post
Some awards (ie publisher) I saw miles away, but so many? oO So, what, does that make me a fully streamlined guy? :p

Amysrevenge - it's a question whether Paizo received such acclamation because of number of fans, or if they have so many fans due to quality of acclaimed qualities ;-) That said, voting on Ennies took me like an hour, as I had to do some research on other nominees, and I do agree that in some cases it might've been "Oh! I know this one!" (or, I'm really far behind system-wise).
Worst yet, upon reading list of other winners - you might find that remaining positions were taken by your favourites. What would that imply...?

One-of-us! One-of-us! One-of-us!

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
What I take from it: since the voters were so keen on Pathfinder (which I don't particularly like), and the other non-PF winners are obviously enjoyed by these same PF fans, I'm unlikely to enjoy the other winners much myself. :p

I know! All those Pathfinder fans last year who voted 4e Best RPG, Best Product and WotC Best Publisher clearly have no taste whatsoever! :p

;) B-)

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Seriously though, CONGRATULATIONS PAIZO, and THANK YOU for everything!

Also, congratulations to all the other winners and nominees! Looking forward to checking out your games! B-)

Treebore

First Post
Paizo/PF being so dominant was a no brainer to me. When you do such quality work it will win fans, even those like me who don't even play PF/3E.

I am glad to see Shadowrun and Aces and Eights get at least a little love as well.

I also agree with those who have said even just those NOMINATED are well worth a look, even if they did not win.

Too many people just concern themselves with who won or did not, and forget that all the games nominated were considered worthy enough to win their categories if they just got the votes. So all nominated products are worth checking out, they have been vetted as being quality stuff by the panel of judges.

Treebore

First Post
I know! All those Pathfinder fans last year who voted 4e Best RPG, Best Product and WotC Best Publisher clearly have no taste whatsoever! :p

;) B-)

The best WRITTEN rules were Diaspora and HERO, and the best WRITING were Victoriana and Eclipse Phase, so if you don't think those are good, well, need I say more?

I think it may just prove some people are impossible to please.

BTW, I own Diaspora and will be playing in an Eclipse Phase game in the near future. So I am very glad they got some love too, and I have been meaning to check out Victoriana for months now.

Edit: Just want to make it clear my post is in response to amysrevenge's opinion, not Jaerdaph's.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads