Well, that was painless

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Just brilliant. There's an inactive link saying "Housing opens at 12 Eastern" on the GenCon site, but the active link is embedded in the badge receipt email. Good job, GenCon.

Stuck at the Omni. Again.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I'm stuck out at the airport. I'd hoped to get a room closer in this year so we wouldn't have so far to shuttle our 3 kids, but I made the mistake of working and not logging on until 4pm to try the hotel registration. Ah, well.

Anyone else notice the mandatory $50 charge for cancelling reservations? I don't remember that from previous years. Perhaps I've just never noticed it before.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I panicked when I looked up at almost 2 and suddenly remembered Gen Con. Luckily, I was able to hurriedly log in and get a badge before grabbing a room at the Omni, which I rather like.

Anyone else notice the mandatory $50 charge for cancelling reservations? I don't remember that from previous years. Perhaps I've just never noticed it before.

They've had that before. I remember it from last year, and I think it's been around prior to that.

Shemeska

Adventurer
I panicked when I looked up at almost 2 and suddenly remembered Gen Con. Luckily, I was able to hurriedly log in and get a badge before grabbing a room at the Omni, which I rather like.

shemmysmile.gif
Awesome. I'd completely forgotten about the room thing till someone mentioned that badges and it had opened up today. Omni is very cool.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
To be clear, I don't hate the Omni or anything. As a hotel, it's fine. I'd just that I'd rather be closer to the center of things, or have all of the extra amenities that Embassy Suites includes. Omni to the Exhibit Hall, for instance, is quite a hike.

And it greatly annoys me that GenCon staff left that dead link up for me to F5-F5-F5 for 40 minutes, so that I missed out on my top three choices, even though I was logged in and ready to go at 12:00 PM Eastern.

I guess I should have known better than to assume that GenCon might get things up and running late ... bwaha. Hahaha. Hahahahahahaha! No, I can't even type that with a straight face.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Thank you (Master of the Game) for posting that new link.

I had a 2 hour battle via the mobile, to get a room.

Got home, turn on the PC, and got a room, in less than 10 minutes.

Gen Con Housing, is not mobile friendly.

Remove ads