[WH40K Wrath & Glory] Using physical and digital minis, pawns, and tokens for Wrath & Glory RPG

Giorgicus

Explorer
I am interested in running the WH40K Wrath & Glory RPG as soon as I receive my Starter Set box, and I know it includes a few players and adversaries’ tokens (as does the Blessing Unheralded adventure). I verified with Ulisses North America that there are currently no plans for a line of RPG miniatures or token/pawns at this time.
I own no miniatures from any of the various WH40K table top miniatures or board games, nor do any of my friends. I also can’t afford to pay for many of the miniature box sets that GW currently sells and/or are available on the secondary market for their full tabletop miniature game lines (both the 8th edition units and Kill Team sets), especially when I only need a few figures/units and not full squads or platoons.
What recommendation do GMs who have had experience with the previous RPG line (Black Crusade, Death Watch, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, Only War…) for using as miniatures, pawns or tokens for use in a (physical/face to face) and digital (Roll 20 or Fantasy Grounds) WH40K Wrath & Glory game? (I have a lot of maps, flip maps, and tiles from my various other RPGs I own that I would like to use, not interested in Theater of Mind play). I am open to using proxies, to print out 2D tokens/pawns, to mix and match minis, pawns, and tokens from different game lines as needed.
In addition, this also applies to any sci-fi board games currently or previously released (GW & non-GW) that contains spaceships & space terrain I can use to play out space battles on a space themed battle map.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this matter.

Last edited:

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I checked your profile but couldn't discern what country you are posting from. You can get lots of actual 40k miniatures for fairly low prices on Ebay. You can buy singles or squads depending on what you are building up for in your campaign. It would seem a shame to have a bunch of PC Space Marines and nobody actual have a SM miniature on the table when they are so readily available.

The trick is that once miniatures are assembled and painted they have very little resale value (unless professionally painted quality). That is your target to pick up minis cheaply.

If you look on Ebay for non-GW miniatures you can find them for even cheaper.

Alternately look for a used flatscreen TV in your local Craigslist/Facebook Market and go electronic. Set it flat on a table and use the software to create tokens as needed for your adventures. If you have all your players chip in 30-40 bucks you have more than enough to get something nice used.

DS

Remove ads