Level Up (A5E) What’s the best savant trick for a signature move?

xiphumor

Legend
I’m inclined toward Assess Vulnerability at present, because that removes the necessity of investing in STR or (more likely) DEX for attacks, but I’m open to other arguments.

EDITED: Accidentally said "Analyze Need" originally.

Last edited:

I’m inclined toward Analyze Need at present, because that removes the necessity of investing in STR or (more likely) DEX for attacks, but I’m open to other arguments.
Clarification please if you don't mind. I thought Analyze Need is a class feature. I don't have the book and am going by the online write-up

At 4th level, savants get to pick a trick that’s always prepared for them. I’m wondering which option is best.
ok, but analyze need isn't a trick. it's a class feature. every savant gets analyze need. i think you meant assess vulnerability. i'd say frightful suppression also doesn't look bad if you main firearms since it seems like it can absolutely destroy a creature's action economy.

Pedantic

Legend
The problem with Assess Vulnerability is that you can only use it for 1 attack per enemy. That’s pretty bad, and I think it’s a trap option.

That's not the wording of the ability:

When you attack a creature, you can use your Intelligence bonus in place of another ability score bonus for the attack roll and damage roll . This applies to all attacks you make against it before the start of your next turn, but not to attacks you make against other creatures.

You can't attack multiple creatures, but you can use the trick for all of your attacks, including any attacks of opportunity against one.

I’m inclined toward Assess Vulnerability at present, because that removes the necessity of investing in STR or (more likely) DEX for attacks, but I’m open to other arguments.

EDITED: Accidentally said "Analyze Need" originally.
So this is kind of a hard question to answer. Ass Vulnerability is great for a always on option if you anticipate being in the thick of combat. Is that what's going on with your character or do they do other stuff?

Remove ads