D&D 5E What’s the highest level character you’ve played in 5E?

What’s the highest level 5E character you’ve played?

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 7 5.5%

Votes: 7 5.5%

Votes: 4 3.1%

Votes: 9 7.1%

Votes: 14 11.0%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 12 9.4%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 6 4.7%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 6 4.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 20 15.7%

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
17th. Played that character from 5th to 16th, with a bit of play at 17th.

I've mostly DMed, so I haven't played a lot of PCs, but other than the above the highest I've gotten to is 6th.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
70.4% of us have gone to level 11 or higher. Personally, I topped out at 17. The campaigns in my group go until they finish at high level. High level is 16 to 20, so I will eventually have one at 20th level.

Quickleaf

Legend
Haven't had the chance to be a player much. A couple one-or-two shots which I've played across the span of 1st to 11th level. I have DMed one party up to 12th level, ran one party at 11th level, and DMed several parties up to 4th or 5th level. So I answered 12 for the poll.

Never DMed or played characters up to 20th, so I stand in awe of those of you who did this successfully.

Toledo

Explorer
My Samurai Fighter ex-sailor to noble to having lost it all again except equipment is at Level 14, and with a little luck can get her to L15 this Friday if she doesn't die. I would really like to try the Samurai's last stand option at L18 if we can get that far. Sadly I think the campaign is going to end just before that at L16 or L17.

Wiseblood

Adventurer
6th is my highest IIRC. 20th is the highest I ran. That campaign started in Pathfinder and was converted at about 10-12th ish.

Nosaje

Villager
I mostly DM and for my longest campaign for 5th the party is currently at 18th. It has taken almost 3 years playing once or twice a month using milestone XP. We plan on going to level 20. During 2nd edition I had a campaign that made it an average of 17th, that took about 5 years of playing an average of once a week. For 3rd edition I had a campaign go to 20th. Oddly enough all three of those campaigns were with the same core group of people. Other campaigns (all editions) have only lasted to about level 7-10 range.

As a player my highest PC for 5th is 7th level, but the campaign is still going. Other editons it has been around level 10 on average.

TheSword

Legend
22nd Level is the highest I’ve reached. Though we started at level 20 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve DMd Way of the Wicked that got the party to level 19 and took 2 years, which was fun.

Elodan

Adventurer
We finished up our longest running D&D campaign ever earlier this year. Played my character from level 1 - 17. Epilogue coming and characters will be level 18.

This was very much the exception to the rule. I can count on my hand the number of my characters that survived to double digits in previous versions of D&D. DM says to expect most future campaigns to top out around levels 7 - 13.

Remove ads