D&D General What’s the most gruesome thing that can befall an adventurer?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
There are quite a few monsters that can eat you, and then they're stomach acids dissolve you. That's pretty horrible to me, dissolving in a Tarrasque's stomach.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
There are quite a few monsters that can eat you, and then they're stomach acids dissolve you. That's pretty horrible to me, dissolving in a Tarrasque's stomach.
162faf0d3d172d3f3e5bd55e55c7d19d.jpg

Kodiak3D

Explorer
In a game I ran several years ago, one of the party members got killed in a trap shortly after entering the dungeon and the others couldn't raise him. So, the rest of the party started throwing the body down the hallways to trigger any other traps. By the end of the dungeon, he was basically pulp. I ruled that he got experience for "disarming" the traps and the party raised him afterwards. He gained a level from it.

Being fed a stew made of people that the DM doesn’t hint is suspicious before you eat it. As written, there’s no hint other than the provider I guess is a lil sus. It‘s in an AL module I’m running today, which is why I mention. That is more in the realm of just bad things though, not really DnD specific I suppose. But there it is in an official adventure.

Iry

Hero
At the risk of repeating what I've said before on these boards: kender.
Kender are some kind of black hole of cultural impossibility. I've been reading the Suncatcher series recently, and I really enjoy how Sindri has been maturing as a person since the Spellbinder/Dragon series. But looking back on how he used to be, similar to many other kender stereotypes, and it's just mind-blowing they can survive day-to-day life. :D

Remove ads