• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Actors do You Find to Be Warning Flags

Elf Witch

First Post
For me it is Jim Carrey. I have only liked one movie he has been in and that was the bad B vampire movie he made before he got famous.

milotha

First Post
I'd agree with the Saturday Night Live Statement, though I do remember long ago when Eddie Murphy was actually funny and edgy.

I'd also agree with the rap star comments. I don't care for rap, and I don't seem to care for the movies staring rap stars.

Ben Affleck
Jim Carrey
Kevin Costner
Alicia Silverspoon
and whatever the latest young blonde anorexic can't act but has certain other assets actress hollywood is currently promoting.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
If I see Tom Hanks or Robin Williams, I run away. I run away as fast as I can!

Edit: Jim Carey will soon join this list.

Last edited:

D+1

First Post
MonsterMash said:
Generally I'm wary of Michael Caine's films as he'd made some good ones, but an awful lot where it seems like the original paycheck was better written than the script.
Tidbit about Michael Caine. In an interview I read years ago he essentially said that the popularity of a movie is a total crapshoot. You just CANNOT predict going into a project if a movie will be bad or good, popular or ignored. For that reason he said he wasn't terribly picky about his movies. I think that's actually rather insightful - but if he'd still tried to be more selective I be he'd have cut the odds down.

Wolf72

Explorer
example of a good show with a non-Alec Baldwin ...

FireFly with Adam Baldwin (Adam right?) ... Jayne was a perfect character.

I agree with most of everybody's warning signs ... but again just like them, I watch the show anyway ... *GEEKS!!!* :)

Villano

First Post
Wolf72 said:
example of a good show with a non-Alec Baldwin ...

FireFly with Adam Baldwin (Adam right?) ... Jayne was a perfect character.

IIRC, he's actually not a Baldwin. Well, he is a "Baldwin", but he's not related to the Baldwin Brothers, so he gets to squeak by. ;)

Rackhir

Explorer
D+1 said:
Tidbit about Michael Caine. In an interview I read years ago he essentially said that the popularity of a movie is a total crapshoot. You just CANNOT predict going into a project if a movie will be bad or good, popular or ignored. For that reason he said he wasn't terribly picky about his movies. I think that's actually rather insightful - but if he'd still tried to be more selective I be he'd have cut the odds down.

From what I understand, Michael Caine also grew up extremely poor. So partially as a result of that, he won't turn down work. If he's available and you're willing to buy him lunch, he'll do your movie (provided you only need a lunch's worth of work out of him).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads