• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Actors do You Find to Be Warning Flags

Kaleon Moonshae

When TrueNight falls
Enchantress said:
I really hated it. I thought for sure it was going to be a laugh my ass off kind of movie, but it was just stupid, pure and simple.

I actually rented it as a "i get a free one and see nothing I want" and so expected it to be crap, maybe that's why I liked it so much, I had no meter to hold it to and thought of it as a waste of time so I enjoyed it more because of it. I mean, it was a waste of time, but I did laugh a lot in it.

Kaleon Moonshae

When TrueNight falls
Man, I must be really bad when I choose movies to like, course all my friends have been saying that forever. I really LOVED mean guns. I mean it was just such a no hold bars gun ballet. Have any of you seen Subway? It is a great movie which Lambert and Reno are both in. Course, take what I like with a grain of salt.

orbitalfreak

First Post
I hate comedies, epsecially the Dumb & Dumber, Zoolander, and such styles; I place an additonal heavy dislike on "adult" and "teen" comedies. Personal opinion here, not judging anyone else. But any time I see a name from one of these big movies, I cringe and promptly put the movie on my "Do Not See Unless it gets Outstanding Reviews for Things I Like" list. Too many times I've seen people carrying their comedic attitudes and styles to other movies, and it sits wrong with me.

Wil Farrel, Jim Carrey (unless it's a serious movie), anyone from American Pie or Scary Movie, Ben Stiller. Others that turn me away from a movie include pretty much non-actors, and that's it.

MonsterMash

First Post
For me anything with Meg Ryan in it. Usually because the're trite romantic comedies, also because I can't stand how smug she is.

Generally I'm wary of Michael Caine's films as he'd made some good ones, but an awful lot where it seems like the original paycheck was better written than the script.

Kaleon Moonshae

When TrueNight falls
Berandor said:
Maybe, but was he ever in a good movie?
Ever?
And don't say Scream :)

I actually liked him in Hackers, shows my age. Honestly I liked hackers period, it was as accurate as an elephant playing a mouse, but it was still good entertainment to me. Bout the only movie I've seen where I really Jolie was hot too.

Darth K'Trava said:
They've set the sigs to appear once per page. If you post multiple times on the same page, it will only show up once, to save on bandwidth. So don't be concerned if your sig is missing.

Unless it's the only post on this page, and your sig isn't showing...

nick2

Explorer
I find that Adam Sandler movies bother me. I keep expecting them to be funny, but I find that I get too irritated with his character to enjoy the movie. Happy Gilmore wasn't bad, but I wasn't able to sit through Billy Madison. J-Lo was pretty good in "The Cell" but other than that, I haven't really been too impressed with her. Jack Nicholson seems to be in a lot of good movies (except for "The Pledge")
I actually liked both of the Scooby Doo movies, but then I still watch the cartoon fairly often.

Remove ads