D&D 5E What are some examples in media of Twilight Cleric-esque characters?

DarkMoon250

Explorer
There's plenty of examples of priests and clerics of darkness and nocturnal powers that want to destroy the sun or return the world to the void or other evil jazz in pop culture, but I've never seen a good one with benevolent intentions. I'm playing a good-aligned Twilight Domain Cleric soon, and I'd like to find similar examples in media to help me build a foundation for this character's attitude, philosophy and worship.

If you can think of anything, let me know.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I don't know if I would call her a priestess/cleric of twilight or darkness, but Tyrande Whisperwind (from wow) is a priestess of the moon. I think that could share some motifs of twilight domain. That is certainly what I would probably choose if I were trying to fit her into 5e.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Twilight Domain has a heavy link to dreams, darkness, and stealth.

So Sandman, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy

for @doctorbadwolf, anime versions would be people with dream and darkness magic. Anime doesn't have many clerics so you'll have to use wizards and power users. People like Dorothy from Black Clover or Mannish Boy for JoJo Part 3.

aco175

Legend
I had to Google it myself and found this;

The Twilight Domain governs the transition and blending of light into darkness. It is a time of rest and comfort, but also the threshold between safety and the unknown. Deities of healing or respite (such as Boldrei, Hestia, Mishakal, or Pelor), bravery or protection (such as Dol Arrah, Hajama, Helm, or Ilmater), travel or transition (such as Fharlanghn, Hermes, the Raven Queen, or the Traveler), or the night and dreams (such as Celestian, Morpheus, Nut, or Selune) might grant their clerics the Twilight Domain. Clerics who server these deities tend to be brave, delving into the dark to hold its dangers at bay and to bring comfort to those lost far from the light.

Seems like it is rather open-ended. I always liked the Pelor vs undead angle and could see this cleric more like a vampire hunter Van Helsing type.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Twilight Domain has a heavy link to dreams, darkness, and stealth.

So Sandman, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy

for @doctorbadwolf, anime versions would be people with dream and darkness magic. Anime doesn't have many clerics so you'll have to use wizards and power users. People like Dorothy from Black Clover or Mannish Boy for JoJo Part 3.
Yeah Gaimans Sandman would be a Twilight being.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I had to Google it myself and found this;

The Twilight Domain governs the transition and blending of light into darkness. It is a time of rest and comfort, but also the threshold between safety and the unknown. Deities of healing or respite (such as Boldrei, Hestia, Mishakal, or Pelor), bravery or protection (such as Dol Arrah, Hajama, Helm, or Ilmater), travel or transition (such as Fharlanghn, Hermes, the Raven Queen, or the Traveler), or the night and dreams (such as Celestian, Morpheus, Nut, or Selune) might grant their clerics the Twilight Domain. Clerics who server these deities tend to be brave, delving into the dark to hold its dangers at bay and to bring comfort to those lost far from the light.

Seems like it is rather open-ended. I always liked the Pelor vs undead angle and could see this cleric more like a vampire hunter Van Helsing type.
Yeah it’s almost just the actual archetypal classic cleric, since the class was first conceived as exactly a van helping type.

DarkMoon250

Explorer
The following is the leaked description from Tasha's:
The twilit transition from light into darkness often brings calm and even joy, as the day’s labors end and the hours of rest begin. The darkness can also bring terrors, but the gods of twilight guard against the horrors of the night. Clerics who serve these deities bring comfort to those who seek rest and protect them by venturing into the encroaching darkness to ensure that the dark is a comfort, not a terror.

Seems like a Cleric that worships night and rest deities, and wants monsters to stop giving the darkness a bad rep.

Remove ads