• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are you eating?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
So I made a fattoush salad for supper to night. The first time I made one. Pretty good.

I used tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, black olives, basil, parsley, feta cheese and lemon juice. The baked whole wheat pita slices I added should have smaller. Now I know and knowing is half the cooking. They add a crunchiness to the salad and a starchy filler.

I ate some smoked mackerel from a local smoker with the salad. Not impressed. Too many fish bones and it tasted like any old dried up fish. Lots of sodium in it.

I drank a Orval belgium beer while making it. It had been while since I drank one of those, but I had a good memory of it. Sweet, fruity, light, a decent beer, but after years of drinking, it lots some of its wow factor. A shame, you can make jokes about orval sex about it.

Now drinking some Buffulo Trace Bourbon Whiskey after a certain someone recommanded it. Similiar to a smooth scotch, but I amd not wowed. A McClelland or Thé Bheag would have done the same for a lower price and would have been an authentic scotch.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Did T-bones, brussel sprouts with pancetta, and a salad for the family dinner the other night.

The salad was different: tomato, radish & watercress. Used watercress for the first time in ages- missed the green's slightly peppery, minty flavor- and served it with a homemade vinegrette made with lemon, olive oil, pepper, Dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Sounds heavenly! Any sides?

I love stuff like that, but I don't cook it. Too many noses would turn away from their plates...

About the only thing I've tried out of the water that I DIDN'T like was sea cucumber. It was an ingredient in an Asian seafood soup. Texture of gristle, flavor of meh, looked like a turd. And since the guy who cooked it was a high-flying chef who relocated from Hong Kong to the USA, I'm going to assume it doesn't get any better than that.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
A quick, inmprovised pot with broccoli, turnip cabbage, potatoes, red pepper, carrots, and some stripes of Kassler. Nothing special, but quickly done and enough to feed the family and a friend who dropped by early for the boardgame evening.

Kramodlog

Had a mock salami sandwich and a banana this morning.

At noon I ate home made chili, used tofu and horse meat in it.

Kramodlog

A salad made of cherry tomatoes, green beans, chickpee, red onions and basil to go with the rest of that smoked mackerel, a glass of red wine and carbonated water.

For dessert, a Chimay blue cap beer!

Remove ads