• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are you reading in 2022?

Richards

Legend
I'm just starting Find Her by Lisa Gardner, an author whose novels I enjoy but I've been picking them up at library book sales and thus I've been reading them way out of order. This is another D. D. Warren novel and it features a side character named Flora Dane who has prominent roles in several other novels that come after (and which I've already read), but this is apparently her "origin story" as it were. It's not a very pleasant origin story, either, as it starts out with her trapped in a wooden box by a creepy dude who picked her up and is now using her as his personal fetish...the squick factor's pretty high, but I (obviously) know she's going to end up alive and okay enough to appear in subsequent novels....

Johnathan

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Finished reading the Sandman Graphic novels, from 1-10.
Finished reading the 3 Gunnie Rose novels, v4 comes out in November, and if my library gets it, I'll read it.

Now reading Ironsworn RPG - have heard really good things about it.
Also Terra Ignota book 4 (Perhaps the Stars) gripped me all of a sudden (halfway through!); and I'm forcing my self to read at least 10 pages [edit to add: per day] before I can read something else. Hopefully I won't have to force myself any more soon.
And just got A Master of Djinn because I haven't finished reading the 2022 Hugo Nominees... (still have Project Hail Mary and She who Became the Sun to read too)

Last edited:

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
5E35ED51-1C6C-4012-9486-8CACF647DFED.jpeg

Finished Johnson's Dream Quest of Velitt-Boe. Good stuff, and deep.

Read H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness. I've got mixed feelings on the story. It's clearly influential, but also clear how, even if there's not any of the more overt racism in it, his repugnant views have clearly informed his worldbuilding.

I read William Hope Hodgson's Carnacki, the Ghost-Finder. An amazing read - I haven't read something that gave me goosebumps in a while.

Now I'm reading Tamsyn Muir's Nona the Ninth. Finally!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Having finally finished Flinte Dille's The Gamesmaster, I'm now starting on Michael Tresca's The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, having picked up a copy at Gen Con a few weeks ago. It's been on my list for some time now, since I've been on a years-long kick of nonfiction books about tabletop RPGs, so it'll be good to cross this one off!

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
In the middle of the Life and Letters of General W.H.L. Wallace, but had the urge to revisit Neverwhere (which I haven't read in ages).

Remove ads