What are you Reading? Magnanimous March 2019 edition

Welcome to the club. It meets every other Friday, right next to where the Doors of Stone and Winds of Winter support groups convene.

There are seven books planned in the series, but this is the last one currently published. I'm going to be one sad individual when I finish this book and there are no more to be had at the moment.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Today was a good day: I flew all over the country as a passenger, so I not only finished up Red Seas Under Red Skies but got about 200 pages into the third book in the Lock Lamora series, The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch. There are seven books planned in the series, but this is the last one currently published. I'm going to be one sad individual when I finish this book and there are no more to be had at the moment.

The Thorn of Emberlain has been promised as "soon" several times, though Scott Lynch had some messy RL stuff hold him up.

From an interview, the next book is the one that he was planning to write as the first book, but he realized he couldn't start there and instead jumped back.

I am glad he did - TLoLL is one of my favorite books of all time.

Finished up Hawk & Moor. It was an informative, well-written document of the early gestation and creation of D&D. I do think it’s held back by solely relying on other sources for information (including copious references to ENworld posts), and not just going out and asking some of the still-living parties that were there.

Now it’s on to N.K. Jemisin’s The Fifth Season.

MarkB

Legend
I'm halfway through Tiamat's Wrath, book 8 of The Expanse by James S. A. Corey. Came out yesterday :).

I've just finished that one on Audible. It feels very removed from the events of the TV series by this point, to the extent that I wonder if they'll ever catch up, but was still a very captivating story.

Nicole Malone

First Post
I've just started reading On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. I hope it can be useful for me because I'm a copywriter. You know, there are a lot of tutorial books, but it doesn't mean there's decent how-to's

some help with college paper is needed, isn't it? feel free to check anonymous-essay to get high-quality assistance by a pro writer

Last edited:

Nellisir

Hero
Read "All Systems Red: The Murderbot Diaries" by Martha Wells, a short story in an ongoing series of them. Don't know if this was the first or what, but it was enjoyable.
It's the first. There are four that I know of, all short novellas: All Systems Red; Artificial Condition; Rogue Protocol; Exit Strategy. I read them back in January and really liked them. A rogue security android with severe social anxiety....

Remove ads