• Greyhawk

Votes: 51 19.9%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • Rokugan/Oriental Adventures

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 19 7.4%
  • An TSR setting currently not published (Mystara, Dark Sun, Planescape, Birthright, AlQadim, Spelljam

Votes: 33 12.9%
  • Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 33 12.9%
  • Scarred Lands

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • Sovereign Stone/Loerem

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oathbound

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • The Wilderlands (Judges Guild)

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Midnight

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • Arcana Unearthed/The Diamond Throne

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 38 14.8%
  • Homebrew

Votes: 128 50.0%

Cbas10

First Post
I run a Greyhawk game, and I play in a Forgotten Realms game. It is just easiest for my time schedule; I grew up playing in those settings and I know them well - but it would take more effort than is sensible to get as intimate with a new setting. I have a lot of ideas for a homebrew setting that incorporates the best of many published settings along with my own ideas, but I simply cannot put it on paper, having a job and a wife occupying my time (and not about to trade either one for a game).

JoeGKushner

First Post
I'm currently running a Forgotten Realms campaign. Prior to that a Scarred Lands one. I've used just about all of the campaigns mentioned here though either as a player, such as with the Diamond Throne, or as a GM, Kalamar, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Ravenloft, etc...

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I currently DM one game set in the Forgotten Realms and one set in the Kingdoms of Kalamar.

My actual playing is confined to one hombrewed and housed ruled d20 game, which I greatly enjoy. Well that and T20 Traveller, but that's beyond the scope of this poll.

Thresher

First Post
Most of the DnD is played in Greyhawk, though over the years its probably closer to a home-brew due to the depredations of PC's over the last 10 years or so. Our group is comfortable there so we're not likely to change, though with the high level's theres the odd bit of venturing into other realms, meet new people, loot the smoking corpses on occassion. We've also got a lower level group that's growing up in the 'new world' so to speak and exploring changes from a closer point of veiw the high levels have left in their wake.

Also from time to time we where playing in FR but overall we found the setting to be not to our taste (too high powered, over the top) and are left wondering what to do with several hundred dollars worth of books that would probably be better served to line the cats tray with.

Sir Elton

First Post
[size=+3]ATLANTIS![/size]

That is my homebrew campaign setting I'm currently playing with. And if I have my way, or the momentum goes my way, it will be a fully fledged D20 RPG.

Dragonstar and FR

In 3E I've only played FR and Dragonstar. The first years after the new edition were spend with FR, after which I started my Dragonstar campaign when the old FR finished. It's the best and most vibrant setting I've ever DMed and all my players agree. Long live Dragonstar, now we'll just have to work on its overall popularity.... :cool:

-Zarrock

A'koss

Explorer
I'm also running a homebrew setting I'm very proud of. :) Put in a lot of time and effort into making it a fun and internally cohesive place to play in.

In the published settings department, I was definitely a hard-core Greyhawk-Planescaper for many years with stints into Dark Sun and Dragonlance (though the whole "steel piece" economy irked me to no end.. :p).

Last edited:

Remove ads