D&D 4E What Campaign Settings would you like to see for 4e?

What Campaign Settings do you want for 4e? (pick all that apply)

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 99 40.9%
  • Eberron

Votes: 114 47.1%
  • Planescape

Votes: 101 41.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 116 47.9%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 55 22.7%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 70 28.9%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 80 33.1%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 49 20.2%
  • Birthright

Votes: 50 20.7%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Another 2nd Setting Not Listed (List it below in your post)

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • A new campaign setting that uses 4e rules well (describe a campaign you like below)

Votes: 78 32.2%
  • A campaign setting based directly on the fluff in the 4e rulebook.

Votes: 79 32.6%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 15 6.2%

Calico_Jack73

First Post
I'd like to see a setting where psionics don't seem to be added as an afterthought. However, I'd like it to be a european style fantasy setting too so Dark Sun doesn't quite cut it.

I'd also like to see Al'Quadim back. :)

Najo

First Post
Aust Diamondew said:
I'm surprised Eberron and FR aren't doing better in the poll.

Maybe its just because people take it for granted that WotC will continue to publish them in 4e.

I don't think that is the case. Planescape and Darksun have always been the most popular settings. I've owned a game store since before WOTC had D&D (TSR Days) and this poll supports the attitudes then too (at least for the old settings), which is one of the reasons I am surprised they stuck with Greyhawk for 3.0 and 3.5 and then basically supported settings like the Realms and Dragonlance instead of Planescape and Darksun. I did expect Planescape to out do Darksun overall, so that is a bit of a surprise. Back when Planescape came out it flew off shelves until the line was cancelled. Darksun did really well until they ruined its look and feel with the revised edition.

Roman

First Post
I voted very broadly for Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Birthright and a new campaign setting. I really only left out the settings I have no interest in: Eberron, Spelljamer and Ghostwalk.

Najo

First Post
Those of you who either are not voting for Ghostwalk, do you not like it or did you never get expose to it? If you don't like it, how come?

Those of you who voted for it, why do you like it?

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Dark Sun (Prefer first box, but if that can't be done, then a significant leap in time either earlier or later than the Age of Heroes).

Mystara (The Known World detailed, with the rest getting paragraph mentions).

I'd like to see a Spelljammer handling.

The rest I'm pretty neutral towards.

Death Dealer

First Post
Eberron, Ravenloft, Planescape & Darksun. All have darker, or at least shades of grey themes about them, to go with the "Points of Light" theme. Oh, and I'd like a detailed update for Kara-Tur. A brand new 4th Edition setting would be good to set 4E in the right direction, and I know this will never happen because Mattel owns the license, but an "Eternia" setting from Masters of the Universe would be interesting too.

dfarnsworth

First Post
I voted for Ghostwalk. I used it's ghosts in Eberron with really good results. Manifest zones of Dolurrh were used an insanity ensued.

As for Planescape in 4E, I see Sigil as a domain in the Astral Sea with portals leading everywhere. And possibly Spelljammer's sailing the Astral Sea between dominions, Beware the Astral Kraken!, encouraging Trade and Commerce with docks in Sigil making it the place where you can find anything and everything. Have the Bloodwar replaced with a Cold War going on between the Devils of the Nine Hells and any allies against the Celestial's Light. The Factions may need a tweak here and there but overall will be easy I believe. I have really thought about this and plan to incorporate it in my games.

Remove ads