D&D 4E What Campaign Settings would you like to see for 4e?

What Campaign Settings do you want for 4e? (pick all that apply)

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 99 40.9%
  • Eberron

Votes: 114 47.1%
  • Planescape

Votes: 101 41.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 116 47.9%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 55 22.7%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 70 28.9%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 80 33.1%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 49 20.2%
  • Birthright

Votes: 50 20.7%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Another 2nd Setting Not Listed (List it below in your post)

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • A new campaign setting that uses 4e rules well (describe a campaign you like below)

Votes: 78 32.2%
  • A campaign setting based directly on the fluff in the 4e rulebook.

Votes: 79 32.6%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 15 6.2%

Dormammu

Explorer
Najo said:
You could reinvision the Blood War as a planar conflict between the demons, devils, angels and such, similiar to the idea in planescape, but with the factions being involved in it and various militant groups of outsiders instead of the Tanari and Bazatu.
Or it could even be an "everyone vs demons" thing wherein demons represent a threat to all. There would be tons of room for politics as other planar forces form uneasy alliances when the threats are stronger and fall to fighting each other when demonic activity slacks.

I think this might fit well with the new conceptions of the Abyss as different from other outer planes.

GVDammerung

First Post
Devyn said:
I believe a new setting built from scratch that can showcase the systems strength is the best choice. It starts everything fresh, and carries with it no baggage or pre-conceived notion of how the setting has been "changed" to fit the 4E model.

QFT.

Practically any existing setting converted to 4e will be a case of "the operation was successful but the patient died" to a greater or lesser degree. 4e fluff, and a good bit of the mechanics that imply fluff it seems, is simply incompatible with settings that have been previously published.

I hope to NEVER, EVER see a 4e Greyhawk or Planescape, in particular. At best, I fear such would look like a two headed calf and at worst something with neck bolts. Calling it X doesn't make it X.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'd like to see Mystara and Hollow World. But I'm probably in a vast minority here...something like less than one in a thousand, I think. But you asked.

Remove ads