What characters are you thinking about running?

garyh

First Post
Inspired by Graf's adventures thread, let me ask a question:

What characters are you thinking about running?

Note that we're starting with one PC per player, IIRC.

Personally, I'm liking the "monster pirate" vibe in the Gallows and Bacarte. My top two ideas are:

- a Barcartan bugbear thug (brutal rogue), who hires out as muscle to pirate captains, respectible merchants, and anyone else who can afford him, or...

- an orc pirate from the Laughing Gallows (fighter is the leading class choice, but I've got thoughts on how almost anything other than a wizard could work).

What are you thinking of playing?

Graf

Explorer
I almost started this thread, but I realized I was procrastinating on the whole math thing...

I'm torn; the areas that I'm most interested in are likely to be things that I run. Which means I can't really play in them anyway.

Currently I'm pretty taken with the idea of playing an eladrin paladin from the imperium. Raised by a half-elf clan he feels much more attached to the masses, even as he's watched a generation grow into old age in the time it's taken him to reach his teens.

I'm toying with how estranged he feels from the Imperium, and why. In that regard I love the fact that the portal has suddenly closed; it gives me a lot of flexibility. Was he just here to take a break while he considered his future? To meet a lover for a tryst? Trying to escape an enlistment order?

(Unfortunately Eladrin are manifestly unsuited to be paladins... but the concept doesn't work with any other race... times like this I wish we'd approved swordmage.... :/)

Phoenix8008

First Post
I've already made up a female Githyanki Tactical Warlord. I've got some of her attitude and mannerisms settled on so far, but still need some work on her goals and origins. She's definitely not the nice healing type of Warlord. She's the military drill instructor who sneers at you to stop bleeding and get back up to attack that monster. Not the super loud type most of the time, but very serious and confident in her superiority. She can curse like a sailor or banter like a noble lady. Looking forward to getting started with her hopefully.

Graf

Explorer
Tactical warlords should be played a lot more. That +x to hit with action point attacks is one of the best abilities in the game. I'm always baffled about why people play pseudo-clerics.

garyh

First Post
In my mixed live/PbP group, I have a Tiefling tactical warlord similar to your Githyanki, Phoenix. He's a ton of fun to play, both thematically and rules-wise.

covaithe

Explorer
I've already rolled up a hobgoblin warlord, thinking "monstrous pirate" like everyone else. But if we get a dozen of those, I might put him on the shelf and do a warlock of some kind.

Dunamin

First Post
I’ve got a pretty thoroughly developed human fighter I want to play – a narcissistic spear-wielding warrior with far too much attitude for his own well-being. Inspiration comes from places such as Geralt of the Witcher, Shaft of the movie series, and Roy Greenhilt from Order of the Stick.

Dunamin

First Post
I've already made up a female Githyanki Tactical Warlord. I've got some of her attitude and mannerisms settled on so far, but still need some work on her goals and origins. She's definitely not the nice healing type of Warlord. She's the military drill instructor who sneers at you to stop bleeding and get back up to attack that monster. Not the super loud type most of the time, but very serious and confident in her superiority. She can curse like a sailor or banter like a noble lady. Looking forward to getting started with her hopefully.
I think I can suggest a good place for your character to originate from, once I get more done with writing this giths-and-thids island (studies are killing me at the moment).

Tactical warlords should be played a lot more. That +x to hit with action point attacks is one of the best abilities in the game. I'm always baffled about why people play pseudo-clerics.
I thought tactical warlords were more popular than inspiring ones? Lead the Attack is pretty much one of the best level 1 dailies there is.

garyh

First Post
I've already rolled up a hobgoblin warlord, thinking "monstrous pirate" like everyone else. But if we get a dozen of those, I might put him on the shelf and do a warlock of some kind.

We need to add a monstrous ninja island to balance out the monstrous pirates. ;)

I would so totally play a shadar-kai ninja...

Phoenix8008

First Post
We need to add a monstrous ninja island to balance out the monstrous pirates. ;)

I would so totally play a shadar-kai ninja...
I have a hoebrew world I've never played that had such cool Ninjas. Imagine a society like fuedal Japan but populated with cat-people. Humanoid lions, tigers, panthers, cheetahs, etc. The ninjas were all panther types and the ninja wizard support people had black cat familiars. Which is why it was bad luck to see a black cat because that meant there could be a ninja team hunting somebody nearby. When they joined the ninja clan, they held a funeral for themselves and faked their death to cut off any ties to family they might have. They put half of a magical amulet in the casket so that when they died, their body would dissapear and teleport to the casket, leaving nothing but empty clothes and equipment. Too bad I never got to run that world yet.

Remove ads