• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What class(es) should she have?

(contact)

Explorer
As an example, here is a possible spell list for a 6th level sorcerer. I put this together with Selise in mind.

Known Spells (4/2/1): 0--detect poison, daze, dancing lights, detect magic, light,prestidigitation,read magic; 1st--; magic missile,protection from evil,tenser's floating disk,shield; 2nd--; minor image,invisibility; 3rd--, fly

Spells per day: 6/6/5/3

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
(contact) said:
I favor Aristocrat 2, Expert 1, Sorcerer 6.

That's close to my original thoughts:

Noble 1, Spellsinger 4, Muse 3 or there-abouts.

But the DM specificly forbade arcane levels...

VoodooGroves

First Post
Hmmm...wow

alot of potential fun there....

Aristocrat 1 (or so)

This gives you some legitimacy and really represents your background. Make sure you have a background where everyone knows you're from some sort of mid-level courtier. Maybe have some stories about your past.

Now here's the trick. You're not lying, you're biding your time. You know she's evil. Heck, maybe you're trying to turn her towards a path to goodness. You've got to try. If anyone can you can.

Paladin 7 (remainder)

While you were away you were called...TRULY called...towards your destiny...You have no idea why you were chosen but it is obvious that you have been.

You keep trying, and trying to win her over. One day though - and soon - you'll know if you can convert her or not. If she is truly unrepentent ... lay the smaketh down.

Succubus-whore on the family throne? Back to hell foul fiend!

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Oh one other thought:
Magic missile is one of those 'everybody takes this spells'. Like haste. (should it therefore be level 2 for the people who feel haste should be level 4?)

Because of that it's a spell I ALWAYS avoid on my arcane characters. :D

Especially with a sorceress where you have such an extreme limit and no real way to trade them out later (there may be a feat for this somewhere. I know there is such a feat for one of the OTHER classes with limited spells).

I will probably use Sovereign Stone (or Wheel of Time) Noble, or Rokugan Courtier, rather than Aristocrat. PC class vs. NPC class issue.

Courtier and Aristocrat are unlikely because both seem built for a person with more 'experience at court'. If it was easy to convert Wheel of Time classes I might even go down the route of Wanderer.

There was a Reborn prestige class in Touched by the Gods but it looked very under powered. It looked more like a prestige class designed to be taken by Commoners.

kenjib

First Post
She has come back from ressurection changed? That sounds like a religious afterlife experience. Perhaps levels of cleric would be more appropriate than one of the arcane casters.

Dark Psion

First Post
kenjib said:
She has come back from ressurection changed? That sounds like a religious afterlife experience. Perhaps levels of cleric would be more appropriate than one of the arcane casters.

Or better yet, how about the Shukenja?

Maybe since her return, she has noticed that the stones in the keep are whispering to her, the fire in the fireplace sings her to sleep and the air carries words from around the keep to her ears.

I'd give her mostly levels in Rogue. I also wouldn't pick up any "typical" rogue skills, like Pick Pocket or Open Lock: the class is flexible enough to do anything you want with it.

You'll have to be a little creative to explain why she has that Sneak Attack bonus, though. Maybe some self-defense of some kind is typical for rural petty nobility?

I did a character sorta like this with the Wanderer PC class from the Wheel of Time book once. Of course, the wanderer isn't quite as rogue-y as the rogue, and the sneak attack is way toned down in relation, but it still worked well, I think.

Chimera

First Post
8th level is probably a bit extreme. But if she's "trained by the locals", then I'd rule out classes that imply heavy training. For arcane ability, Adept seems more likely than Wizard, though Sorcerer is still a possibility.

Depends on how strictly logical you want to be, or whether your GM is really just giving you the power to make her something other than what she was originally intended to be (and take that decision out of his hands).

Remove ads