• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What constitutes your "comfortable" level in a campaign?

Nothing really to report. Our current campaign is pretty much "anything goes." We've been using alt races from the Races of series, alt classes from the Complete series, binders, psychic warriors (from Green Ronin's Psychic Handbook), monster races from Savage Species and I can't even remember what else.

The only reason I'd do any limiting would be for setting purposes. Like--"this setting has no elves, so you can't play one" or something like that.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I'll allow in almost anything that seems well-designed and that excites a player. I've let in a few feats and spells from 3rd party sources (Call of Duty and Arcane Strife spring to mind). The only things I've forced in have been the PHB-II, XPH and ToB.

But I have good players, and they don't try to abuse holes in the system, or bother to read the Character Optimization board... for which I am thankful. :)

Cheers, -- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads